Jun 23, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
NBC Sports Network will air four ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards races in August, giving the national stock car racing series an even greater television presence.
Officials from the Automobile Racing Club of America made the announcement today during the Scott 160 race event weekend at Road America in Elkhart Lake.
“We couldn’t be more excited than to have the opportunity to secure additional exposure of the ARCA Racing Series on NBC Sports Network,” said Mark Gundrum, ARCA Vice President for Business Development and Corporate Partnerships. “This opportunity is great for the teams, sponsors and fans of the series.”
Three of the four NBC Sports Network events are scheduled to air on Thursday nights, with one event slated for Friday night. NBC Sports Network’s ARCA racing coverage premieres Thursday, August 1, at 11 p.m. ET with the Winchester Speedway race. The race from Berlin Raceway will air on Thursday, August 15, at 11 p.m. ET, and the Madison International Speedway event will air on Thursday night, August 29, at 11 p.m. ET. The event from the one-mile dirt oval at the Illinois State Fairgrounds will air on Friday, August 23 at 11 p.m. ET.
“We look forward to presenting the excitement of the ARCA Racing Series to motorsports fans on NBC Sports Network for the first time,” said Mike Perman, Vice President, Programming, NBC Sports Group.
ARCA races from Winchester Speedway (Herr’s Chase the Taste 200) on June 30; Berlin Raceway (Berlin ARCA 200) on August 10; The Illinois State Fairgrounds (Allen Crowe 100) on August 18, and Madison International Speedway (Herr’s Live Life With Flavor 200) on August 25, comprise the televised event package.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0