Jun 23, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
- Critical day for Marco, RHR: Andretti Autosport has won four times in the IZOD IndyCar Series’ six events at Iowa Speedway, with Marco Andretti winning in 2011 and Ryan Hunter-Reay taking the checkered flag last year en route to the championship. Both of them need to come through with results as they both try to reel in championship leader Helio Castroneves. RHR currently sits second in the standings and lost nine points to Castroneves yesterday after he won the pole (he’s now 25 points off the Brazilian’s pace), while Andretti has slipped to third after electrical issues stopped his run one weekend ago in Milwaukee.
- Bump day, literally: Ask anyone that’s lived in the Midwest – the summers can be hot as a broiler and the winters can be stone cold. Those particular patterns have helped make for a bumpy ride at Iowa Speedway, particularly in Turns 1-2, where the bumps have helped end the day of more than one driver in the past. As mentioned earlier this week, they’re not as bad as they used to be, but teams will still have to make sure their cars are set-up properly in order to deal with them.
- Carving through traffic: Like last weekend at Milwaukee, the short oval at Iowa will put emphasis on dealing with lapped traffic. But with laps ticking by in the 17-to-18 second range, drivers will have to make their decisions quickly when they come upon the backmarkers in the field.
- Fatigue is a factor: Didn’t we just say this? Well, it’s worth emphasizing again. Everybody in the IndyCar paddock is ready for a weekend off after this race, which will end the most grueling stretch they’ll have all year. But teams and drivers alike must remain mentally sharp for a little while longer. Minds can’t wander at 185 miles per hour or on pit road during critical late-race stops.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay earns another award after his Indianapolis 500 win.
Jul 24, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Pirelli World Challenge President/CEO Scott Bove and 15-year-old rising star Austin Cindric to race a GTS Ford Mustang Boss for charity at Mid-Ohio weekend.
Jul 24, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Sauber driver pleased with his pace in Germany, and cares little for the question marks about his future.
Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Italian tire supplier confirms its selections for the Belgian, Italian and Singapore Grands Prix.
Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close
Jul 24, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
While it’s seemed Marcos Ambrose was a lock to return to Richard Petty Motorsports, especially with all the positive things he’s said about wanting to stay in recent weeks and months, a report Thursday has Ambrose leaving NASCAR after this season and returning to his native Australia to race V8 Supercars — potentially for a new team owned by iconic American race team owner Roger Penske.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Ferrari driver has few qualms about Kimi’s difficulties in 2014.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Former Brickyard 400 winner Bobby Labonte will be returning to race at the fabled Indianapolis Motor Speedway in this Sunday’s 21st running of the Brickyard.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Our writing team makes its predictions for this weekend’s race at the Hungaroring.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
American youngster joins Marussia as its official reserve driver with immediate effect.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Brazilian driver compares it to incident at the beginning of the Australian Grand Prix with Kamui Kobayashi.
Jul 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Formula 1 will return to the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez next year for the first time since 1992.
Jul 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
One final chapter to the first half of the 2014 F1 season at the Hungaroring this weekend, a track that has suited Lewis Hamilton very well over the years.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Six teams, 17 cars set to test at Mid-Ohio ahead of IndyCar race there next week.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. and Kyle Larson put on a spectacular battle in the final 40-lap segment of Wednesday’s second MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway, but it was Wallace holding on for the win.
Jul 23, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Darrell Wallace Jr. continues to lead after 110 laps (at the time of a second and final mandatory competition caution) in Wednesday night’s MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
At the end of the first segment of Wednesday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series MudSummer Classic at Eldora Speedway, it’s Darrell Wallace Jr. in the lead.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:06 PM EDT
Thanks to a statistical quirk, Kurt Busch is ranked in the same place in the points standings in both the Sprint Cup Series and Verizon IndyCar Series.
Jul 23, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Aric Almirola and Sam Hornish Jr. discussed some of the biggest wins of their careers and talk about the importance of the Brickyard 400 on the NASCAR calendar.
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 4
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3