Jun 23, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
- Critical day for Marco, RHR: Andretti Autosport has won four times in the IZOD IndyCar Series’ six events at Iowa Speedway, with Marco Andretti winning in 2011 and Ryan Hunter-Reay taking the checkered flag last year en route to the championship. Both of them need to come through with results as they both try to reel in championship leader Helio Castroneves. RHR currently sits second in the standings and lost nine points to Castroneves yesterday after he won the pole (he’s now 25 points off the Brazilian’s pace), while Andretti has slipped to third after electrical issues stopped his run one weekend ago in Milwaukee.
- Bump day, literally: Ask anyone that’s lived in the Midwest – the summers can be hot as a broiler and the winters can be stone cold. Those particular patterns have helped make for a bumpy ride at Iowa Speedway, particularly in Turns 1-2, where the bumps have helped end the day of more than one driver in the past. As mentioned earlier this week, they’re not as bad as they used to be, but teams will still have to make sure their cars are set-up properly in order to deal with them.
- Carving through traffic: Like last weekend at Milwaukee, the short oval at Iowa will put emphasis on dealing with lapped traffic. But with laps ticking by in the 17-to-18 second range, drivers will have to make their decisions quickly when they come upon the backmarkers in the field.
- Fatigue is a factor: Didn’t we just say this? Well, it’s worth emphasizing again. Everybody in the IndyCar paddock is ready for a weekend off after this race, which will end the most grueling stretch they’ll have all year. But teams and drivers alike must remain mentally sharp for a little while longer. Minds can’t wander at 185 miles per hour or on pit road during critical late-race stops.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Put down your shopping bags, heat up some Thanksgiving leftovers, and tune in for a Black Friday edition of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Mark Webber fastest in second practice for WEC at Interlagos.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Porsche 919 Hybrids run 1-2 in the first session at Interlagos.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The end of the WEC season occurs this weekend in Brazil.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
We take a look back at some of the biggest stories in Formula 1 this year.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Rico Abreu locks up USAC Honda Midget Series title with fifth-place finish in Thanksgiving classic.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Alonso proved once again in 2014 that he has ability exceeding that of the Ferrari car, but even he couldn’t make up for the shortcomings of the F14 T.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:11 PM EST
Spanish driver to race alongside Max Verstappen in 2015, stepping up to make his F1 debut.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Red Bull may have been underdogs after winter testing, but few could have predicted Sebastian Vettel’s bid for a fifth world title being as weak as it was.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
After a difficult rookie season, Bottas’ sophomore year in F1 brought far more success, marking the Finn as a possible champion in the future.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Kvyat will replace Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull next year.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Nico Hulkenberg and Porsche: a win for both the WEC and F1 in a rare moment of motorsport unity for the common good.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
What a year it was for Daniel Ricciardo in his first season at Red Bull.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Talks about a new contract with Mercedes should be brought forwards after title win.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A worthy title contender, Nico Rosberg enjoyed his most successful season to date in 2014.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
2014 saw the Briton become a two-time F1 world champion, winning 11 races.
Nov 28, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
A new regime will come into force at Maranello next season following a disappointing campaign in 2014.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
British racer will remain with Williams for 2015 after becoming the first woman to take part in a grand prix weekend session in 22 years over the summer.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
NHRA team owner Don Schumacher underwent surgery Wednesday for early-stage skin cancer.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
NASCAR star Kyle Busch and wife Samantha dropped a very big hint that their first child may be a boy.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3