Jun 25, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Justin Wilson got some mileage on track today in Mid-Ohio, and over the next 48 hours will be racking up some heavy frequent flier miles.
The Englishman completed a day’s worth of IZOD IndyCar Series testing in the No. 19 Boy Scouts of America/Sonny’s BBQ Honda for Dale Coyne Racing at the Lexington, Ohio circuit. He then tweeted he is immediately off to London via Newark from Cleveland for a final investor meeting, then returns back to the U.S. on Thursday for his GRAND-AM Rolex Series race this weekend at Watkins Glen.
Meanwhile the test marked the first day in a Dallara DW12 for James Davison, the Australian ex-Indy Lights driver who had one prior day’s testing in the old Dallara-Honda for Andretti Autosport at Palm Beach International Raceway.
It’s not inconceivable that Davison could join the list of drivers of Coyne’s No. 18 Honda this year. Thus far Ana Beatriz (seven races), Mike Conway (the Detroit doubleheader) and Pippa Mann (Texas) have raced in the second car this year.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery 1
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5