Jun 25, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Justin Wilson got some mileage on track today in Mid-Ohio, and over the next 48 hours will be racking up some heavy frequent flier miles.
The Englishman completed a day’s worth of IZOD IndyCar Series testing in the No. 19 Boy Scouts of America/Sonny’s BBQ Honda for Dale Coyne Racing at the Lexington, Ohio circuit. He then tweeted he is immediately off to London via Newark from Cleveland for a final investor meeting, then returns back to the U.S. on Thursday for his GRAND-AM Rolex Series race this weekend at Watkins Glen.
Meanwhile the test marked the first day in a Dallara DW12 for James Davison, the Australian ex-Indy Lights driver who had one prior day’s testing in the old Dallara-Honda for Andretti Autosport at Palm Beach International Raceway.
It’s not inconceivable that Davison could join the list of drivers of Coyne’s No. 18 Honda this year. Thus far Ana Beatriz (seven races), Mike Conway (the Detroit doubleheader) and Pippa Mann (Texas) have raced in the second car this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA’s Media Tour coverage continues at 4:30 p.m. ET 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 13
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25