Jun 25, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Justin Wilson got some mileage on track today in Mid-Ohio, and over the next 48 hours will be racking up some heavy frequent flier miles.
The Englishman completed a day’s worth of IZOD IndyCar Series testing in the No. 19 Boy Scouts of America/Sonny’s BBQ Honda for Dale Coyne Racing at the Lexington, Ohio circuit. He then tweeted he is immediately off to London via Newark from Cleveland for a final investor meeting, then returns back to the U.S. on Thursday for his GRAND-AM Rolex Series race this weekend at Watkins Glen.
Meanwhile the test marked the first day in a Dallara DW12 for James Davison, the Australian ex-Indy Lights driver who had one prior day’s testing in the old Dallara-Honda for Andretti Autosport at Palm Beach International Raceway.
It’s not inconceivable that Davison could join the list of drivers of Coyne’s No. 18 Honda this year. Thus far Ana Beatriz (seven races), Mike Conway (the Detroit doubleheader) and Pippa Mann (Texas) have raced in the second car this year.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2