Jun 25, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Justin Wilson got some mileage on track today in Mid-Ohio, and over the next 48 hours will be racking up some heavy frequent flier miles.
The Englishman completed a day’s worth of IZOD IndyCar Series testing in the No. 19 Boy Scouts of America/Sonny’s BBQ Honda for Dale Coyne Racing at the Lexington, Ohio circuit. He then tweeted he is immediately off to London via Newark from Cleveland for a final investor meeting, then returns back to the U.S. on Thursday for his GRAND-AM Rolex Series race this weekend at Watkins Glen.
Meanwhile the test marked the first day in a Dallara DW12 for James Davison, the Australian ex-Indy Lights driver who had one prior day’s testing in the old Dallara-Honda for Andretti Autosport at Palm Beach International Raceway.
It’s not inconceivable that Davison could join the list of drivers of Coyne’s No. 18 Honda this year. Thus far Ana Beatriz (seven races), Mike Conway (the Detroit doubleheader) and Pippa Mann (Texas) have raced in the second car this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14