Jun 25, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya believes his team are “edging ever closer to the podium” having scored in all bar one of the races so far this year.
“We celebrated our 100th race in Canada and continued picking up points with both cars. That’s what we need to do if we are to hold on to fifth place in the championship,” said Mallya.
“While I still believe that we are edging ever closer to the podium, we must also focus on consistency and play the long game in the championship, which means scoring points at every race.”
Paul di Resta gave the team its best result of the season so far with fourth in Bahrain. But he has had poor luck in his previous two appearances at home.
He was running seventh in his first F1 race at Silverstone in 2011 when he had the misfortune to enter the pits just as his team mate had gone in with a puncture. He later tangled with Sebastien Buemi.
Last year he didn’t even get as far as the pit stops, going out at the start following a collision with Romain Grosjean.
However he was pleased to bounce back from qualifying a disappointing seventeenth in Canada by finishing seventh:
“I think we can be pretty happy with that,” he said. “All things considered we’ve managed to get some good results and kept up our momentum.”
“The last two results, in particular, felt very satisfying, especially because we managed to get the strategy spot on to come through the field. These results set us up nicely for this weekend, which is a massive one for everyone in the team.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5