Jun 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Felipe Massa is aiming to score his first Silverstone podium in this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I believe our car can work well at this race, as that seemed to be the case in China and Barcelona and Silverstone follows that same direction in terms of circuit characteristics,” said the Ferrari driver.
“It’s an old-style track with high speed corners, which should suit the F138, so I expect to have a good weekend. Naturally, I’m looking to score points and hoping to finish on the podium again.”
Although he’s never finished higher than fourth at the track, Massa described it as the type of venue drivers most enjoy racing on: “Silverstone is a fantastic track, first of all because of its incredible layout with high speed corners and changes of direction, which is what we drivers enjoy most, although there are also some slow corners.”
It’s a homecoming for the Italian team’s British technical director Pay Fry, who says the team have several new parts for the race:
“We have spent a lot of time analyzing data from the last few races, from the aero side to looking at tire performance, trying to put together the best possible package for Silverstone,.
“We’ve got a few upgrades coming through for this weekend and so we have to ensure we are well prepared to run them. We have been studying data from the wind tunnel to assess what is the best set up for the car for this circuit using the new parts that are coming through the system now.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5