Jun 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Felipe Massa is aiming to score his first Silverstone podium in this weekend’s British Grand Prix.
“I believe our car can work well at this race, as that seemed to be the case in China and Barcelona and Silverstone follows that same direction in terms of circuit characteristics,” said the Ferrari driver.
“It’s an old-style track with high speed corners, which should suit the F138, so I expect to have a good weekend. Naturally, I’m looking to score points and hoping to finish on the podium again.”
Although he’s never finished higher than fourth at the track, Massa described it as the type of venue drivers most enjoy racing on: “Silverstone is a fantastic track, first of all because of its incredible layout with high speed corners and changes of direction, which is what we drivers enjoy most, although there are also some slow corners.”
It’s a homecoming for the Italian team’s British technical director Pay Fry, who says the team have several new parts for the race:
“We have spent a lot of time analyzing data from the last few races, from the aero side to looking at tire performance, trying to put together the best possible package for Silverstone,.
“We’ve got a few upgrades coming through for this weekend and so we have to ensure we are well prepared to run them. We have been studying data from the wind tunnel to assess what is the best set up for the car for this circuit using the new parts that are coming through the system now.”
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 5
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)