Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
After two straight races at tracks featuring tight corners and heavy braking, this weekend’s British Grand Prix in Silverstone will see a return to high degradation of tires. Pirelli has brought its two hardest compounds – hard and medium – for this weekend. Pirellis is are also bringing its experimental prototype tire for use in practice. It is designed to help guard against further delamination.
Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola describes the tire challenge at Silverstone, since the fast corners and abrasive asphalt tend to wear down the tires very quickly.
You can see the British Grand Prix on CNBC this Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET, also live steamed via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory 3
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 0
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 40
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0