Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
After two straight races at tracks featuring tight corners and heavy braking, this weekend’s British Grand Prix in Silverstone will see a return to high degradation of tires. Pirelli has brought its two hardest compounds – hard and medium – for this weekend. Pirellis is are also bringing its experimental prototype tire for use in practice. It is designed to help guard against further delamination.
Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola describes the tire challenge at Silverstone, since the fast corners and abrasive asphalt tend to wear down the tires very quickly.
You can see the British Grand Prix on CNBC this Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET, also live steamed via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11