Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
After two straight races at tracks featuring tight corners and heavy braking, this weekend’s British Grand Prix in Silverstone will see a return to high degradation of tires. Pirelli has brought its two hardest compounds – hard and medium – for this weekend. Pirellis is are also bringing its experimental prototype tire for use in practice. It is designed to help guard against further delamination.
Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola describes the tire challenge at Silverstone, since the fast corners and abrasive asphalt tend to wear down the tires very quickly.
You can see the British Grand Prix on CNBC this Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET, also live steamed via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0