Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
After two straight races at tracks featuring tight corners and heavy braking, this weekend’s British Grand Prix in Silverstone will see a return to high degradation of tires. Pirelli has brought its two hardest compounds – hard and medium – for this weekend. Pirellis is are also bringing its experimental prototype tire for use in practice. It is designed to help guard against further delamination.
Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola describes the tire challenge at Silverstone, since the fast corners and abrasive asphalt tend to wear down the tires very quickly.
You can see the British Grand Prix on CNBC this Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET, also live steamed via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10