Jun 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
After two straight races at tracks featuring tight corners and heavy braking, this weekend’s British Grand Prix in Silverstone will see a return to high degradation of tires. Pirelli has brought its two hardest compounds – hard and medium – for this weekend. Pirellis is are also bringing its experimental prototype tire for use in practice. It is designed to help guard against further delamination.
Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola describes the tire challenge at Silverstone, since the fast corners and abrasive asphalt tend to wear down the tires very quickly.
You can see the British Grand Prix on CNBC this Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET, also live steamed via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0