Jun 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
IZOD IndyCar Series testing didn’t just occur in Pocono and Mid-Ohio as was recapped on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the three Chip Ganassi Racing cars (Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti on the Target side, Charlie Kimball on the Novo Nordisk side) got in some laps at Sebring International Raceway with their Hondas.
That was of course, before rain decided to intervene. In Florida. In June.
James Hinchcliffe asked Dixon about running in the rain, to which Dixon responded on Twitter, “Would need a rudder at the moment… Think the team left them at home.” Dixon also tweeted a picture of the rain in the team’s transporter setup.
Good day testing in Sebring. A little rain cut the day short! pic.twitter.com/eEzRywUWwY
— Scott Dixon (@scottdixon9) June 26, 2013
We let a tweet from Target Chip Ganassi Racing team manager Mike Hull take it from here:
— Mike Hull (@IndyMHull) June 26, 2013
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 6
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5