Jun 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
IZOD IndyCar Series testing didn’t just occur in Pocono and Mid-Ohio as was recapped on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the three Chip Ganassi Racing cars (Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti on the Target side, Charlie Kimball on the Novo Nordisk side) got in some laps at Sebring International Raceway with their Hondas.
That was of course, before rain decided to intervene. In Florida. In June.
James Hinchcliffe asked Dixon about running in the rain, to which Dixon responded on Twitter, “Would need a rudder at the moment… Think the team left them at home.” Dixon also tweeted a picture of the rain in the team’s transporter setup.
Good day testing in Sebring. A little rain cut the day short! pic.twitter.com/eEzRywUWwY
— Scott Dixon (@scottdixon9) June 26, 2013
We let a tweet from Target Chip Ganassi Racing team manager Mike Hull take it from here:
— Mike Hull (@IndyMHull) June 26, 2013
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 7