Jun 29, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Following the penalties given out during yesterday’s practice sessions, the FIA-appointed stewards have been busy once again on Saturday after four drivers were picked up on minor infringements.
Kimi Raikkonen was once again in the dock after Lotus were reprimanded yesterday when the team unsafely released the Finn during FP2. Today, Raikkonen was adjudged to have broken the speed limit in the pit lane during FP3, and Lotus were subsequently given a €500 fine.
The fines given to Marussia and Mercedes were also for the same offence (Mercedes’ also in FP3, Marussia in qualifying), with the teams’ wallets being €300 and €700 lighter respectively.
Marussia were also called before the stewards for a separate offence after Jules Bianchi “failed to proceed to the FIA garage for weighing when signalled to do so.”
As a result, Bianchi was handed a reprimand.
Additionally, Felipe Massa was confirmed to have changed his engine between FP3 and qualifying, switching to a previously-used unit that remained within his allocation of eight for the season. Therefore, he will face no penalty.
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0