Jun 30, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Johnson had yet to pit when the caution came out at Lap 89 for debris from the right-rear tire of David Gilliland during what had been a wave of green flag stops for debris. He took four tires on the stop and has been able to maintain the point since then.
Running second is Joey Logano, who has had a healthy amount of past success at Kentucky with multiple wins there in the Nationwide Series. Clint Bowyer has risen to third place, followed by Denny Hamlin, who has performed admirably since losing a tire earlier in the afternoon. Matt Kenseth has also been steady, currently fifth at the halfway mark.
As for Johnson’s teammate, Dale Earnhardt Jr., the front-end damage he sustained from Hamlin’s wayward tire carcass has forced him into a battle to get out of the mid-pack. NASCAR’s most popular driver has managed to stay on the lead lap but was only 19th at halfway, with the front end and splitter of his car almost completely covered in black tape.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 5
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0