Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Nico Rosberg has been handed a reprimand after failing to slow under yellow flags during today’s British Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver won the race by just 0.7 seconds from Mark Webber after both Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel suffered from tire and gearbox failures respectively, claiming the third win of his career and second of the season.
However, at 16:07, the stewards confirmed that they wanted to speak to Rosberg at 16:40 for “appearing to not slow for Yellow Flags in turns 3 to 5 at 14:06.”
This appeared to threaten Rosberg’s win, with a time penalty dropping him off the podium and handing a third Silverstone victory to Mark Webber.
At around 17:20 though, the stewards confirmed that they had handed the German driver a reprimand, and nothing more.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1