Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg has been handed a reprimand after failing to slow under yellow flags during today’s British Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver won the race by just 0.7 seconds from Mark Webber after both Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel suffered from tire and gearbox failures respectively, claiming the third win of his career and second of the season.
However, at 16:07, the stewards confirmed that they wanted to speak to Rosberg at 16:40 for “appearing to not slow for Yellow Flags in turns 3 to 5 at 14:06.”
This appeared to threaten Rosberg’s win, with a time penalty dropping him off the podium and handing a third Silverstone victory to Mark Webber.
At around 17:20 though, the stewards confirmed that they had handed the German driver a reprimand, and nothing more.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1