Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg has been handed a reprimand after failing to slow under yellow flags during today’s British Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver won the race by just 0.7 seconds from Mark Webber after both Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel suffered from tire and gearbox failures respectively, claiming the third win of his career and second of the season.
However, at 16:07, the stewards confirmed that they wanted to speak to Rosberg at 16:40 for “appearing to not slow for Yellow Flags in turns 3 to 5 at 14:06.”
This appeared to threaten Rosberg’s win, with a time penalty dropping him off the podium and handing a third Silverstone victory to Mark Webber.
At around 17:20 though, the stewards confirmed that they had handed the German driver a reprimand, and nothing more.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)