Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Nico Rosberg has been handed a reprimand after failing to slow under yellow flags during today’s British Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver won the race by just 0.7 seconds from Mark Webber after both Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel suffered from tire and gearbox failures respectively, claiming the third win of his career and second of the season.
However, at 16:07, the stewards confirmed that they wanted to speak to Rosberg at 16:40 for “appearing to not slow for Yellow Flags in turns 3 to 5 at 14:06.”
This appeared to threaten Rosberg’s win, with a time penalty dropping him off the podium and handing a third Silverstone victory to Mark Webber.
At around 17:20 though, the stewards confirmed that they had handed the German driver a reprimand, and nothing more.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11