Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Nico Rosberg has been handed a reprimand after failing to slow under yellow flags during today’s British Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver won the race by just 0.7 seconds from Mark Webber after both Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel suffered from tire and gearbox failures respectively, claiming the third win of his career and second of the season.
However, at 16:07, the stewards confirmed that they wanted to speak to Rosberg at 16:40 for “appearing to not slow for Yellow Flags in turns 3 to 5 at 14:06.”
This appeared to threaten Rosberg’s win, with a time penalty dropping him off the podium and handing a third Silverstone victory to Mark Webber.
At around 17:20 though, the stewards confirmed that they had handed the German driver a reprimand, and nothing more.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1