Jul 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
INDYCAR has announced an update for the aerodynamic specifications to be used in Sunday’s 400-miler at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania.
Through an update of Rule 126.96.36.199 of the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook, the underwing strake has been added to the list of optional parts that can be used on the Pocono spec to create more downforce. This comes after a collection of feedback from drivers, engineers and teams on various configurations used during testing.
The optional parts also include a side wall, trimmed side wall, rear wheel backing plate, sidepod top infill, 2/3 radiator inlet shutter, and rear wing wicker. Mandatory parts include a rear mainplate between zero and negative 10.5 degrees, a rear mainplate profile and the rear wheel guard used at the Indianapolis 500.
Eight IndyCar squads tested last week at Pocono, and the series will stage an Open Test there on Thursday in advance of Sunday’s race.
Video from NASCAR America
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 12
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3