Jul 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
INDYCAR has announced an update for the aerodynamic specifications to be used in Sunday’s 400-miler at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania.
Through an update of Rule 188.8.131.52 of the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook, the underwing strake has been added to the list of optional parts that can be used on the Pocono spec to create more downforce. This comes after a collection of feedback from drivers, engineers and teams on various configurations used during testing.
The optional parts also include a side wall, trimmed side wall, rear wheel backing plate, sidepod top infill, 2/3 radiator inlet shutter, and rear wing wicker. Mandatory parts include a rear mainplate between zero and negative 10.5 degrees, a rear mainplate profile and the rear wheel guard used at the Indianapolis 500.
Eight IndyCar squads tested last week at Pocono, and the series will stage an Open Test there on Thursday in advance of Sunday’s race.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1