Jul 1, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
INDYCAR has announced an update for the aerodynamic specifications to be used in Sunday’s 400-miler at Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania.
Through an update of Rule 184.108.40.206 of the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook, the underwing strake has been added to the list of optional parts that can be used on the Pocono spec to create more downforce. This comes after a collection of feedback from drivers, engineers and teams on various configurations used during testing.
The optional parts also include a side wall, trimmed side wall, rear wheel backing plate, sidepod top infill, 2/3 radiator inlet shutter, and rear wing wicker. Mandatory parts include a rear mainplate between zero and negative 10.5 degrees, a rear mainplate profile and the rear wheel guard used at the Indianapolis 500.
Eight IndyCar squads tested last week at Pocono, and the series will stage an Open Test there on Thursday in advance of Sunday’s race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2