Jul 1, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Team owner Roger Penske over the weekend denied a rumor that has been gaining steam throughout the NASCAR garage: that Carl Edwards will be bolting from Roush Fenway Racing at season’s end to join Penske Racing.
FoxSports.com asked Penske if Edwards would join and expand his current organization to a three-car team effort in 2014, with primary sponsorship from Quicken Loans.
“Absolutely not,” Penske said. “That’s a good one, but no. We would do a third car if we had proper sponsorship. But right now we have two good young drivers and we continue to get our cars better.”
However, Penske, fresh off a Venice birthday vacation for wife Kathy, did not rule out the possibility that his organization will eventually grow to a three-car operation, most likely with Sam Hornish Jr. as the driver, if enough sponsorship can be found.
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 0
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- FIA WEC: Mark Webber preparing for possible wet WEC debut 1
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)