Jul 3, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Travis Kvapil will be hearing a new voice in his head during Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
Kvapil, driver of the No. 93 Burger King/Dr. Pepper Toyota Camry, will have a new crew chief atop the it box in the race, one of BK Racing’s team engineers, Dale Ferguson, the team announced Wednesday.
The move is considered temporary, as Ferguson is being tabbed as an “interim” crew chief. Whether he’ll call the pit strategy for Kvapil just for Saturday’s race or more remains to be seen.
Ferguson joined the team as head engineer at the beginning of this season after several years working for Rusty Wallace Inc.
Kvapil’s now-former crew chief Mike Ford, formerly crew chief for Denny Hamlin at Joe Gibbs Racing, will remain with BK Racing as the team’s director of competition.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1