Jul 3, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Travis Kvapil will be hearing a new voice in his head during Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
Kvapil, driver of the No. 93 Burger King/Dr. Pepper Toyota Camry, will have a new crew chief atop the it box in the race, one of BK Racing’s team engineers, Dale Ferguson, the team announced Wednesday.
The move is considered temporary, as Ferguson is being tabbed as an “interim” crew chief. Whether he’ll call the pit strategy for Kvapil just for Saturday’s race or more remains to be seen.
Ferguson joined the team as head engineer at the beginning of this season after several years working for Rusty Wallace Inc.
Kvapil’s now-former crew chief Mike Ford, formerly crew chief for Denny Hamlin at Joe Gibbs Racing, will remain with BK Racing as the team’s director of competition.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)