Jul 3, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Travis Kvapil will be hearing a new voice in his head during Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
Kvapil, driver of the No. 93 Burger King/Dr. Pepper Toyota Camry, will have a new crew chief atop the it box in the race, one of BK Racing’s team engineers, Dale Ferguson, the team announced Wednesday.
The move is considered temporary, as Ferguson is being tabbed as an “interim” crew chief. Whether he’ll call the pit strategy for Kvapil just for Saturday’s race or more remains to be seen.
Ferguson joined the team as head engineer at the beginning of this season after several years working for Rusty Wallace Inc.
Kvapil’s now-former crew chief Mike Ford, formerly crew chief for Denny Hamlin at Joe Gibbs Racing, will remain with BK Racing as the team’s director of competition.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 0
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 1
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3