Jul 4, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Have you ever wanted to take a ride in the Goodyear Blimp?
Or have you ever wanted an autographed Dale Earnhardt Jr. firesuit hanging in your closet?
Well, it’ll cost you, as those are two of the items up for auction on Ebay by The NASCAR Foundation.
But if you win the auction, your money – tax-deductible, by the way – couldn’t go to a better cause: the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Trust, to benefit the five-year-old son of race car driver Jason Leffler, who was killed June 12 in a sprint car wreck in New Jersey.
At this writing, Junior’s firesuit was up to $760, while a ride in the blimp hovered at $500. The auction will continue for eight more days.
If you want to get in on the bidding, click here. All sale proceeds will go to the trust fund.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4