Jul 4, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Paul di Resta has spoken of how he has had to simply accept and brush off the bad luck that has been blighting his recent qualifying form following his exclusion last weekend at Silverstone.
The Scottish driver was deemed to be underweight after finishing an excellent 5th last Saturday, forcing him to start the race from the back of the grid. di Resta bounced back well though, charging into the points come the checkered flag.
When asked about his luck, di Resta quipped: “I’ve been eating a lot of pies this week.
“It was on Saturday when I got told about the weight, I couldn’t help but laugh about it. I was so much more relaxed than I thought I would be, but I suppose the sense of relief was I knew it didn’t influence the qualifying result. We qualified 5th so it didn’t take any of that away.”
di Resta was deemed to be 1.5 kilograms under the weight limit, meaning that it did not have a great influence on the pace of the Force India as he reached the top ten after two Q1 exits in Monaco and Canada. However, he was quick to take the positives out of the situation.
“You just go through stages like that. I just hope I’m not having to overtake as many cars in this grand prix, not from the position I start. I suppose in that sense we went forward quite a few positions, the racecraft’s pretty strong.”
This will be di Resta’s second grand prix at the Nurburgring, having finished P13 in 2011.
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3