Jul 4, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Paul di Resta has spoken of how he has had to simply accept and brush off the bad luck that has been blighting his recent qualifying form following his exclusion last weekend at Silverstone.
The Scottish driver was deemed to be underweight after finishing an excellent 5th last Saturday, forcing him to start the race from the back of the grid. di Resta bounced back well though, charging into the points come the checkered flag.
When asked about his luck, di Resta quipped: “I’ve been eating a lot of pies this week.
“It was on Saturday when I got told about the weight, I couldn’t help but laugh about it. I was so much more relaxed than I thought I would be, but I suppose the sense of relief was I knew it didn’t influence the qualifying result. We qualified 5th so it didn’t take any of that away.”
di Resta was deemed to be 1.5 kilograms under the weight limit, meaning that it did not have a great influence on the pace of the Force India as he reached the top ten after two Q1 exits in Monaco and Canada. However, he was quick to take the positives out of the situation.
“You just go through stages like that. I just hope I’m not having to overtake as many cars in this grand prix, not from the position I start. I suppose in that sense we went forward quite a few positions, the racecraft’s pretty strong.”
This will be di Resta’s second grand prix at the Nurburgring, having finished P13 in 2011.
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2