Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Matt Kenseth notched his 27th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, holding off James Buescher in a green-white-checkered finish to take the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
Pastrana wound up going hard into Jason White, who, after his mangled car came to a stop, laid down on the infield grass as safety crew members attended to him. However, White would eventually walk into an ambulance under his own power and was later released from the infield care center; he later told ESPN that the wreck simply took the breath out of him.
The green would come back out with two laps remaining, but Kenseth and James Buescher managed to break away from the pack, which managed to stay clean through the final five miles. The pack’s fight for third position eventually went to Elliott Sadler, who came away with a $100,000 bonus for being the highest-finishing qualifier out of the four “Dash 4 Cash” qualifiers (a group that also included Brian Vickers, Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon).
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0