Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Matt Kenseth notched his 27th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, holding off James Buescher in a green-white-checkered finish to take the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
Pastrana wound up going hard into Jason White, who, after his mangled car came to a stop, laid down on the infield grass as safety crew members attended to him. However, White would eventually walk into an ambulance under his own power and was later released from the infield care center; he later told ESPN that the wreck simply took the breath out of him.
The green would come back out with two laps remaining, but Kenseth and James Buescher managed to break away from the pack, which managed to stay clean through the final five miles. The pack’s fight for third position eventually went to Elliott Sadler, who came away with a $100,000 bonus for being the highest-finishing qualifier out of the four “Dash 4 Cash” qualifiers (a group that also included Brian Vickers, Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon).
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 4
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0