Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Matt Kenseth notched his 27th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, holding off James Buescher in a green-white-checkered finish to take the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
Pastrana wound up going hard into Jason White, who, after his mangled car came to a stop, laid down on the infield grass as safety crew members attended to him. However, White would eventually walk into an ambulance under his own power and was later released from the infield care center; he later told ESPN that the wreck simply took the breath out of him.
The green would come back out with two laps remaining, but Kenseth and James Buescher managed to break away from the pack, which managed to stay clean through the final five miles. The pack’s fight for third position eventually went to Elliott Sadler, who came away with a $100,000 bonus for being the highest-finishing qualifier out of the four “Dash 4 Cash” qualifiers (a group that also included Brian Vickers, Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon).
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 11
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2