Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Matt Kenseth notched his 27th career win in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, holding off James Buescher in a green-white-checkered finish to take the Subway Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
Pastrana wound up going hard into Jason White, who, after his mangled car came to a stop, laid down on the infield grass as safety crew members attended to him. However, White would eventually walk into an ambulance under his own power and was later released from the infield care center; he later told ESPN that the wreck simply took the breath out of him.
The green would come back out with two laps remaining, but Kenseth and James Buescher managed to break away from the pack, which managed to stay clean through the final five miles. The pack’s fight for third position eventually went to Elliott Sadler, who came away with a $100,000 bonus for being the highest-finishing qualifier out of the four “Dash 4 Cash” qualifiers (a group that also included Brian Vickers, Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon).
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)