Jul 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
If you’re planning to visit the Indiana State Fair this summer, be sure to have your camera phones ready, for you might just see former Indianapolis 500 winner Scott Dixon (pictured) on a tricycle wearing a sheep costume. Or Barracuda Racing’s Alex Tagliani doing the same thing dressed as a beaver.
Those are the potential outcomes for the loser in Dixon and Tagliani’s online bet to see who can raise the most money for their respective charities through the Power of 2 initiative. Fans can donate to the IndyCar drivers’ causes at Power-Of-2.org as many times as they wish through Thursday, July 18 at 8 p.m. ET.
Dixon is supporting New Zealand-based cancer charity CanTeen and American-based group Teens Living With Cancer, while Tagliani is raising money for Anaphylaxis Canada.
“I’ve been a strong supporter and spokesperson for both CanTeen and Teens Living with Cancer because I feel this age group often gets overlooked,” Dixon said in a press release. “Oftentimes, people immediately think of either helping children or adults, but teenagers are going through a lot to begin with at this stage in their lives. It’s one of the most difficult stages of your life – even without the added difficulties of fighting cancer.”
“As someone with a severe food allergy to peanuts and tree nuts, I can tell you that an anaphylactic reaction is far more frightening than driving a race car,” Tagliani said in the same release. “Helping kids better manage their allergies and live safely is something I am very passionate about. I also can’t wait to see Scott get on the kid’s bike in his sheep costume.”
Fans that donate will also have the chance to win prizes such as a signed racing helmet from Dixon or Tagliani, and a phone/Skype call with them.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1