Jul 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
If you’re planning to visit the Indiana State Fair this summer, be sure to have your camera phones ready, for you might just see former Indianapolis 500 winner Scott Dixon (pictured) on a tricycle wearing a sheep costume. Or Barracuda Racing’s Alex Tagliani doing the same thing dressed as a beaver.
Those are the potential outcomes for the loser in Dixon and Tagliani’s online bet to see who can raise the most money for their respective charities through the Power of 2 initiative. Fans can donate to the IndyCar drivers’ causes at Power-Of-2.org as many times as they wish through Thursday, July 18 at 8 p.m. ET.
Dixon is supporting New Zealand-based cancer charity CanTeen and American-based group Teens Living With Cancer, while Tagliani is raising money for Anaphylaxis Canada.
“I’ve been a strong supporter and spokesperson for both CanTeen and Teens Living with Cancer because I feel this age group often gets overlooked,” Dixon said in a press release. “Oftentimes, people immediately think of either helping children or adults, but teenagers are going through a lot to begin with at this stage in their lives. It’s one of the most difficult stages of your life – even without the added difficulties of fighting cancer.”
“As someone with a severe food allergy to peanuts and tree nuts, I can tell you that an anaphylactic reaction is far more frightening than driving a race car,” Tagliani said in the same release. “Helping kids better manage their allergies and live safely is something I am very passionate about. I also can’t wait to see Scott get on the kid’s bike in his sheep costume.”
Fans that donate will also have the chance to win prizes such as a signed racing helmet from Dixon or Tagliani, and a phone/Skype call with them.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 76
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 11
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1