Jul 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Adrian Sutil has revealed that a problem with his DRS cost him a chance of making it through to the final session of qualifying for tomorrow’s German Grand Prix.
The Force India driver is celebrating his home race this weekend, but he is not pleased to be lining up 15th on the grid.
“Yeah I’m disappointed because I had a technical problem with the car, with DRS, it wasn’t working,” Sutil told NBC Sports’ Will Buxton after qualifying. “I lost more than half a second on my last lap in Q2. That’s why I couldn’t really do more than P15.”
Force India have made their best-ever start to a Formula One season, currently lying 5th in the constructors’ championship ahead of McLaren and Sutil is confident that the team can stay there relying the minor issues are ironed out.
“You hope for less problems. We have too many problems and we lose too many results for making mistakes and technical issues so we have to work on that, I can improve also just a little bit but it’s the whole package we have to do.”
His teammate, Paul di Resta, qualified 12th and although the Scottish driver is disappointed with the result, it marks his best starting position since the Spanish Grand Prix in May.
“It’s been a disappointing weekend, struggling with balance,” di Resta said. “Everything’s a compromise: we change something from one part of the track and it affects another, it’s a bit of a headache.”
The team will be keen on extending its three-race streak of getting both cars into the points at the Nurburgring tomorrow.
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 2
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 0
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 13