Jul 6, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Romain Grosjean has made no secret of his happiness following a strong qualifying session at the Nurburgring today. The French driver will line up 5th on the grid, ahead of both Ferrari drivers and just one place behind teammate Kimi Raikkonen.
“It’s good for the team,” Grosjean told NBC Sports’ Will Buxton after qualifying. ”I’m a bit disappointed with my first sector on the last lap, two or three tenths there that we could have been better.”
Kimi Raikkonen also revealed that he lost time on his final run, potentially costing Lotus a place in the top three on the grid. However, Grosjean is still pleased with the result, believing that the new tires and the increased temperature has suited the team.
“Generally much more happier with the way the car is going, the new tires seem to suit us pretty well, the temperature is coming, summer finally shows up which is great news. Hopefully tomorrow the race will be good.”
The Lotus driver is chasing his first top-ten finish since the Bahrain Grand Prix, where he finished on the podium. There have been rumors circulating suggesting that Grosjean could be replaced in the near-future by Davide Valsecchi, Lotus’ reserve driver. However, strong performances like this will certainly do Grosjean a world of good, although carrying this form over into the race is crucial.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)