Jul 6, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Romain Grosjean has made no secret of his happiness following a strong qualifying session at the Nurburgring today. The French driver will line up 5th on the grid, ahead of both Ferrari drivers and just one place behind teammate Kimi Raikkonen.
“It’s good for the team,” Grosjean told NBC Sports’ Will Buxton after qualifying. “I’m a bit disappointed with my first sector on the last lap, two or three tenths there that we could have been better.”
Kimi Raikkonen also revealed that he lost time on his final run, potentially costing Lotus a place in the top three on the grid. However, Grosjean is still pleased with the result, believing that the new tires and the increased temperature has suited the team.
“Generally much more happier with the way the car is going, the new tires seem to suit us pretty well, the temperature is coming, summer finally shows up which is great news. Hopefully tomorrow the race will be good.”
The Lotus driver is chasing his first top-ten finish since the Bahrain Grand Prix, where he finished on the podium. There have been rumors circulating suggesting that Grosjean could be replaced in the near-future by Davide Valsecchi, Lotus’ reserve driver. However, strong performances like this will certainly do Grosjean a world of good, although carrying this form over into the race is crucial.
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1