Jul 7, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
The cameraman who was hit by a stray wheel in the pit lane during the German Grand Prix is currently under observation at a local hospital, the FIA has confirmed.
Paul Allen was struck by a wheel from Mark Webber’s car after the Red Bull was released without his right-rear tire being properly attached during the first round of stops.
The statement from the FIA reads:
“During the German GP, an FOM cameraman in pit lane was struck by a loose wheel. Paul Allen was hit on the left hand side. Remaining conscious, he was treated at the circuit medical centre and then transported by helicopter to Koblenz Hospital.
“The Briton has been kept there, under observation. Further information from the hospital will be provided as soon as it becomes available.”
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 12
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 19
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 15
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 3