Jul 7, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
The cameraman who was hit by a stray wheel in the pit lane during the German Grand Prix is currently under observation at a local hospital, the FIA has confirmed.
Paul Allen was struck by a wheel from Mark Webber’s car after the Red Bull was released without his right-rear tire being properly attached during the first round of stops.
The statement from the FIA reads:
“During the German GP, an FOM cameraman in pit lane was struck by a loose wheel. Paul Allen was hit on the left hand side. Remaining conscious, he was treated at the circuit medical centre and then transported by helicopter to Koblenz Hospital.
“The Briton has been kept there, under observation. Further information from the hospital will be provided as soon as it becomes available.”
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)