Jul 7, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
The cameraman who was hit by a stray wheel in the pit lane during the German Grand Prix is currently under observation at a local hospital, the FIA has confirmed.
Paul Allen was struck by a wheel from Mark Webber’s car after the Red Bull was released without his right-rear tire being properly attached during the first round of stops.
The statement from the FIA reads:
“During the German GP, an FOM cameraman in pit lane was struck by a loose wheel. Paul Allen was hit on the left hand side. Remaining conscious, he was treated at the circuit medical centre and then transported by helicopter to Koblenz Hospital.
“The Briton has been kept there, under observation. Further information from the hospital will be provided as soon as it becomes available.”
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 0
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1