Jul 7, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The stage is set for a all-out fight between Red Bull and Mercedes in the German Grand Prix later today with Lewis Hamilton starting on pole position following a sparkling performance in qualifying. However, with Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber looming large in his mirrors, the race is by no means a foregone conclusion, with Ferrari’s alternative strategy also adding an extra dynamic to the race.
As well as watching the race on CNBC from 7:30am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Canadian Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Also, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Canadian Grand Prix.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)