Jul 8, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
This past weekend was one of the busiest across the motorsports landscape, beyond the German Grand Prix (the second race of Formula One’s back-to-back weekends), IndyCar’s return to Pocono and NASCAR’s annual fireworks show/demolition derby/restrictor plate race in Daytona.
- NASCAR’s Nationwide Series opened the weekend at Daytona and Matt Kenseth edged James Buescher, who had won the February race at Daytona in 2012, for the win on Friday night. Kenseth is pictured right leading Kurt Busch, in the “Days of Thunder” throwback livery. Neither is competing for that series’ championship; the top five is separated by only 17 points with points leader Regan Smith just six points ahead of Sam Hornish Jr.
- In the last NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series race before a week off and its annual summer three-race “Western swing,” Khalid alBalooshi (Top Fuel), Johnny Gray (Funny Car), Mike Edwards (Pro Stock), and Matt Smith (Pro Stock Motorcycle) scored victories at the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio.
- As written by my colleague Chris Estrada on Saturday, the American Le Mans Series had its first race since Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in May. Class winners were: P1: Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr (Muscle Milk Pickett Racing HPD ARX-03a), P2: Ryan Briscoe and Scott Tucker (Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b), GT: John Edwards and Dirk Mueller (BMW Team RLL BMW Z4), PC: Bruno Junqueira and Duncan Ende (RSR Racing ORECA FLM09) and GTC: Spencer Pumpelly and Nelson Canache (Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche GT3 Cup).
- The Pirelli World Challenge resumed at Lime Rock Park after a month’s hiatus since Detroit, sharing the weekend with ALMS. Five total races took place with Mike Skeen and Johnny O’Connell winning Rounds 8 and 9 of GT, Lawson Aschenbach and Jack Baldwin taking Rounds 8 and 9 of GTS, Brett Sandberg (Rounds 4 and 5) and Ryan Winchester (Round 6) scoring TC victories and Robbie Davis (Rounds 4 and 5) and Joel Lipperini (Round 6) adding TCB class wins to their season totals. See the full race broadcast on July 20 at 4 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Spanish rider was sidelined following the Qatar Grand Prix due to an arm pump injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Preview the track that will host the next Formula E race on May 9.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Scott Dixon takes the Coca-Cola car to the top of the first practice session at Barber.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Former F1 world champion and Indy 500 winner hits out at Alonso’s move to McLaren and Manor’s inclusion on the grid.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Verizon IndyCar Series’ race at Barber has been moved up to 5 p.m. ET, and 4 p.m. CT and local time on NBCSN.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
Conor Daly has been confirmed in the Indianapolis 500 in SPM’s third car.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
Honda takes the wraps off the new Accord safety car.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Pigot scores his first Indy Lights pole at Barber.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Formula E’s championship leader looks ahead to his adopted home race in Monaco on May 9.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
2014 GP2 champion reflects on the opening four races of the year with Lotus.
WSR: Comtec pulls out of first Formula Renault 3.5 round, parts company with Regalia after three days
Apr 24, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Grid falls to 20 cars for the Formula Renault 3.5 opener in Spain this weekend.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Indian Grand Prix was last held in 2013 at the Buddh International Circuit.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Audi and Porsche will field three cars for the next two races of the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Red Bull has made a slow start to the 2015 season due to a variety of problems with the RB11 car.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Venezuelan driver currently bottom of the table after just one finish in four races.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
To reference the Smashing Pumpkins, Barber is the beginning of the end of the beginning for IndyCar 2015.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Andretti Autosport’s Mazda Road to Indy program goes to Barber Motorsports Park with one less Indy Lights entry.
Apr 23, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT
Graham Rahal aims to continue consistent success of one-car team at Barber Motorsports Park.
Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park
Apr 23, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to turn season around at track he’s won last two races at.
- WATCH: IndyCar qualifying from Barber at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8