Jul 9, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Earlier this morning, Michael Shank Racing confirmed that A.J. Allmendinger will compete in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series’ Brickyard Grand Prix later this month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
In a tweet, the team said he would be paired up with Gustavo Yacaman in the No. 6 Ford/Riley for the July 26 event.
Allmendinger, who won the NASCAR Nationwide Series’ recent race at Road America for Penske Racing and also competed for Penske’s IZOD IndyCar Series outfit earlier this year, helped MSR’ s No. 60 team finish third this past February at the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway. In 2012, he was part of the No. 60’s Rolex win with co-drivers Justin Wilson, Ozz Negri and John Pew.
Having led every Rolex Series race he’s ever run, he’s a great pickup for MSR going into the three-hour race around the IMS road course. The Brickyard Grand Prix – the final round of GRAND-AM’s three-race North American Endurance Championship – will be the opening act for Indy’s “Super Weekend” on July 26-28, which also features a 250-miler for the Nationwide Series and the Brickyard 400 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0