Jul 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Per Curt Cavin of the Indianapolis Star, more management changes are coming to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Doug Boles, 46, who has been the track’s chief operating officer and director of media relations prior to that, has been named track president. Besides his track experience, Boles (pictured, far right) was also a co-owner at Panther Racing in that team’s early years.
Boles succeeds Jeff Belskus in the role. Belskus shifts to becoming president and chief financial officer of Hulman & Co., essentially leading business development of the $100 million master plan to upgrade the track and its facilities.
Belskus has served as CEO of IMS and IndyCar, and as part of Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles’ continuing reorganization of the Hulman properties, still seeks a president to lead Hulman & Co.’s commercial division for motorsports.
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 16
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 15
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2