Jul 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Per Curt Cavin of the Indianapolis Star, more management changes are coming to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Doug Boles, 46, who has been the track’s chief operating officer and director of media relations prior to that, has been named track president. Besides his track experience, Boles (pictured, far right) was also a co-owner at Panther Racing in that team’s early years.
Boles succeeds Jeff Belskus in the role. Belskus shifts to becoming president and chief financial officer of Hulman & Co., essentially leading business development of the $100 million master plan to upgrade the track and its facilities.
Belskus has served as CEO of IMS and IndyCar, and as part of Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles’ continuing reorganization of the Hulman properties, still seeks a president to lead Hulman & Co.’s commercial division for motorsports.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)