Jul 9, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel became the second driver this year to win his home race following Fernando Alonso’s win in Spain. More on that and five more top facts from the German Grand Prix.
Vettel ends wait for home win…
Vettel finally won his home race for the first time and also put an end to his ‘July jinx’ – he was yet to win a race in this month of the year.
That leaves two events on the current calendar he is yet to score a win in: the Hungarian and American rounds.
…and is second-quickest to 30 wins
Vettel notched up his 30th grand prix win in his 110th start. Only one of the five other drivers to win 30 races did so more quickly:
Hamilton matches Fangio
Lewis Hamilton started from pole position for the 29th time in his career. That the same number of pole achieved by five-times world champion – and former Mercedes driver – Juan Manuel Fangio.
13 lap leaders
We’ve now seen as many different drivers lead races in 2013 as we did last year. Romain Grosjean was the 13th different driver to do so.
But there have been more in previous seasons: most recently there were 15 different lap leaders in 2008.
Unlucky Vergne retires again
The disappointment of pulling out of a race through no fault of your own must be starting to feel familiar for Jean-Eric Vergne. The Toro Rosso driver has pulled out of four of the nine races so far this year due to a technical problem on his car – twice as many times as any other driver.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 0
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5