Jul 9, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The all-out media blitz for DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming animated film “Turbo,” which premieres July 17, was kicked into high gear on Tuesday at NBC’s “Today.”
After three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti stopped by the show on Monday, the “#Turbo500TODAY” race was launched in the plaza outside the studios.
Three of Franchitti’s rivals, defending IZOD IndyCar Series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, current Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan and three-time 500 champion Helio Castroneves were interested onlookers as NBC Sports Network IndyCar and Formula One lead announcer Leigh Diffey called the race.
Those participating included “Turbo” star Ryan Reynolds, who voices the main character, along with “Today’s” anchors, Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Natalie Morales and Willie Geist. They all participated in a “Skee-ball” competition to move their snails up the side of a building.
You can see the race above, and the one-on-one interview with Reynolds from “Today” below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Video from NASCAR America
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 3
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 2
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0