Jul 9, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The all-out media blitz for DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming animated film “Turbo,” which premieres July 17, was kicked into high gear on Tuesday at NBC’s “Today.”
After three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti stopped by the show on Monday, the “#Turbo500TODAY” race was launched in the plaza outside the studios.
Three of Franchitti’s rivals, defending IZOD IndyCar Series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, current Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan and three-time 500 champion Helio Castroneves were interested onlookers as NBC Sports Network IndyCar and Formula One lead announcer Leigh Diffey called the race.
Those participating included “Turbo” star Ryan Reynolds, who voices the main character, along with “Today’s” anchors, Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Natalie Morales and Willie Geist. They all participated in a “Skee-ball” competition to move their snails up the side of a building.
You can see the race above, and the one-on-one interview with Reynolds from “Today” below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 1
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20