Jul 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Fernando Alonso has scored Ferrari’s season so far at 8 out of 10 during an interview with German broadcaster RTL.
The Spanish driver has claimed two victories, yet he still trails championship leader Sebastian Vettel by 34 points following a run of poor results in recent races. Regardless, Alonso is pleased with his performances so far this year.
“I think it has been good and I think we can give it an eight, a good score,” Alonso explained.
He did however concede that an improvement had to be made with the F138 car, but the two-time world champion refused to score himself.
“We definitely don’t have the quickest car, however, it is a very complete car, so I am pleased with it.
“As for myself, it’s not for me to give a number. I’ve definitely improved a lot since the early years, let’s say we are more complete, but there is always room for improvement race by race with experience, with everything.”
Ferrari will certainly be keen on winning in the next few races in order to prevent Vettel running away with a fourth consecutive championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed? 0
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2