Jul 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Fernando Alonso has scored Ferrari’s season so far at 8 out of 10 during an interview with German broadcaster RTL.
The Spanish driver has claimed two victories, yet he still trails championship leader Sebastian Vettel by 34 points following a run of poor results in recent races. Regardless, Alonso is pleased with his performances so far this year.
“I think it has been good and I think we can give it an eight, a good score,” Alonso explained.
He did however concede that an improvement had to be made with the F138 car, but the two-time world champion refused to score himself.
“We definitely don’t have the quickest car, however, it is a very complete car, so I am pleased with it.
“As for myself, it’s not for me to give a number. I’ve definitely improved a lot since the early years, let’s say we are more complete, but there is always room for improvement race by race with experience, with everything.”
Ferrari will certainly be keen on winning in the next few races in order to prevent Vettel running away with a fourth consecutive championship.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 12
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0