Jul 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Fernando Alonso has scored Ferrari’s season so far at 8 out of 10 during an interview with German broadcaster RTL.
The Spanish driver has claimed two victories, yet he still trails championship leader Sebastian Vettel by 34 points following a run of poor results in recent races. Regardless, Alonso is pleased with his performances so far this year.
“I think it has been good and I think we can give it an eight, a good score,” Alonso explained.
He did however concede that an improvement had to be made with the F138 car, but the two-time world champion refused to score himself.
“We definitely don’t have the quickest car, however, it is a very complete car, so I am pleased with it.
“As for myself, it’s not for me to give a number. I’ve definitely improved a lot since the early years, let’s say we are more complete, but there is always room for improvement race by race with experience, with everything.”
Ferrari will certainly be keen on winning in the next few races in order to prevent Vettel running away with a fourth consecutive championship.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0