Jul 12, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Fernando Alonso has scored Ferrari’s season so far at 8 out of 10 during an interview with German broadcaster RTL.
The Spanish driver has claimed two victories, yet he still trails championship leader Sebastian Vettel by 34 points following a run of poor results in recent races. Regardless, Alonso is pleased with his performances so far this year.
“I think it has been good and I think we can give it an eight, a good score,” Alonso explained.
He did however concede that an improvement had to be made with the F138 car, but the two-time world champion refused to score himself.
“We definitely don’t have the quickest car, however, it is a very complete car, so I am pleased with it.
“As for myself, it’s not for me to give a number. I’ve definitely improved a lot since the early years, let’s say we are more complete, but there is always room for improvement race by race with experience, with everything.”
Ferrari will certainly be keen on winning in the next few races in order to prevent Vettel running away with a fourth consecutive championship.
- WATCH LIVE: British GP Race Day on CNBC and Live Extra from 7:30am ET 0
- What to watch for: British Grand Prix (7:30am ET on CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0