Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Conway came close in Detroit, but if he or another IZOD IndyCar Series driver sweeps both of this weekend’s Honda Indy Toronto races, there’s an extra $100,000 set to be awarded.
SONAX will award $50,000 to a driver who wins both feature races during any of the doubleheader weekends. If a driver does not win both races in any weekend, the $50,000 prize will carry over to the next doubleheader weekend – so it’s $100,000 up for grabs in the “SONAX Perfect Finish Award.”
SONAX, expanding its motorsports involvement with its INDYCAR partnership, currently serves as an official team supplier of Red Bull Racing, the championship Formula One organization.
SONAX began its activation with special retail events featuring show cars and driver appearances at selected Sam’s Club locations beginning at the Indianapolis 500. Other SONAX activation plans include working with selected venues on creating car corrals during race weekends to target automotive enthusiasts and collectors.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4