Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Conway came close in Detroit, but if he or another IZOD IndyCar Series driver sweeps both of this weekend’s Honda Indy Toronto races, there’s an extra $100,000 set to be awarded.
SONAX will award $50,000 to a driver who wins both feature races during any of the doubleheader weekends. If a driver does not win both races in any weekend, the $50,000 prize will carry over to the next doubleheader weekend – so it’s $100,000 up for grabs in the “SONAX Perfect Finish Award.”
SONAX, expanding its motorsports involvement with its INDYCAR partnership, currently serves as an official team supplier of Red Bull Racing, the championship Formula One organization.
SONAX began its activation with special retail events featuring show cars and driver appearances at selected Sam’s Club locations beginning at the Indianapolis 500. Other SONAX activation plans include working with selected venues on creating car corrals during race weekends to target automotive enthusiasts and collectors.
Video from NASCAR America
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 0
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 1
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1