Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Conway came close in Detroit, but if he or another IZOD IndyCar Series driver sweeps both of this weekend’s Honda Indy Toronto races, there’s an extra $100,000 set to be awarded.
SONAX will award $50,000 to a driver who wins both feature races during any of the doubleheader weekends. If a driver does not win both races in any weekend, the $50,000 prize will carry over to the next doubleheader weekend – so it’s $100,000 up for grabs in the “SONAX Perfect Finish Award.”
SONAX, expanding its motorsports involvement with its INDYCAR partnership, currently serves as an official team supplier of Red Bull Racing, the championship Formula One organization.
SONAX began its activation with special retail events featuring show cars and driver appearances at selected Sam’s Club locations beginning at the Indianapolis 500. Other SONAX activation plans include working with selected venues on creating car corrals during race weekends to target automotive enthusiasts and collectors.
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 0
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 9
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2