Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Mike Conway came close in Detroit, but if he or another IZOD IndyCar Series driver sweeps both of this weekend’s Honda Indy Toronto races, there’s an extra $100,000 set to be awarded.
SONAX will award $50,000 to a driver who wins both feature races during any of the doubleheader weekends. If a driver does not win both races in any weekend, the $50,000 prize will carry over to the next doubleheader weekend – so it’s $100,000 up for grabs in the “SONAX Perfect Finish Award.”
SONAX, expanding its motorsports involvement with its INDYCAR partnership, currently serves as an official team supplier of Red Bull Racing, the championship Formula One organization.
SONAX began its activation with special retail events featuring show cars and driver appearances at selected Sam’s Club locations beginning at the Indianapolis 500. Other SONAX activation plans include working with selected venues on creating car corrals during race weekends to target automotive enthusiasts and collectors.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1