Jul 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Conway came close in Detroit, but if he or another IZOD IndyCar Series driver sweeps both of this weekend’s Honda Indy Toronto races, there’s an extra $100,000 set to be awarded.
SONAX will award $50,000 to a driver who wins both feature races during any of the doubleheader weekends. If a driver does not win both races in any weekend, the $50,000 prize will carry over to the next doubleheader weekend – so it’s $100,000 up for grabs in the “SONAX Perfect Finish Award.”
SONAX, expanding its motorsports involvement with its INDYCAR partnership, currently serves as an official team supplier of Red Bull Racing, the championship Formula One organization.
SONAX began its activation with special retail events featuring show cars and driver appearances at selected Sam’s Club locations beginning at the Indianapolis 500. Other SONAX activation plans include working with selected venues on creating car corrals during race weekends to target automotive enthusiasts and collectors.
Video from NASCAR America
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 0
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 4
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3