Jul 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Red Bull will change its wheelgun design and pit stop procedure effective immediately, after the German Grand Prix when an errant tire came loose from Mark Webber’s car and hit FIA cameraman Paul Allen.
Per Autosport, Red Bull said the car was released early when the right rear tire changer’s thumb indicated a “go” signal. The changes will see the thumbs move in the opposite direction.
The FIA took the steps to ban all non-essential personnel in the pit lane in the immediate aftermath, allowing for only team personnel, event marshals and approved media – the latter of whom are confined to the pit wall, only.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Austin Dillon officially confirmed in RCR’s No. 3 for Sprint Cup (7)
- NASCAR Nation must give Austin Dillon a chance to make his own legacy (7)
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers (6)
- Rush receives Golden Globe nominations (5)