Jul 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Red Bull will change its wheelgun design and pit stop procedure effective immediately, after the German Grand Prix when an errant tire came loose from Mark Webber’s car and hit FIA cameraman Paul Allen.
Per Autosport, Red Bull said the car was released early when the right rear tire changer’s thumb indicated a “go” signal. The changes will see the thumbs move in the opposite direction.
The FIA took the steps to ban all non-essential personnel in the pit lane in the immediate aftermath, allowing for only team personnel, event marshals and approved media – the latter of whom are confined to the pit wall, only.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 15
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0