Jul 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Red Bull will change its wheelgun design and pit stop procedure effective immediately, after the German Grand Prix when an errant tire came loose from Mark Webber’s car and hit FIA cameraman Paul Allen.
Per Autosport, Red Bull said the car was released early when the right rear tire changer’s thumb indicated a “go” signal. The changes will see the thumbs move in the opposite direction.
The FIA took the steps to ban all non-essential personnel in the pit lane in the immediate aftermath, allowing for only team personnel, event marshals and approved media – the latter of whom are confined to the pit wall, only.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 1
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 9
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1