Jul 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Red Bull will change its wheelgun design and pit stop procedure effective immediately, after the German Grand Prix when an errant tire came loose from Mark Webber’s car and hit FIA cameraman Paul Allen.
Per Autosport, Red Bull said the car was released early when the right rear tire changer’s thumb indicated a “go” signal. The changes will see the thumbs move in the opposite direction.
The FIA took the steps to ban all non-essential personnel in the pit lane in the immediate aftermath, allowing for only team personnel, event marshals and approved media – the latter of whom are confined to the pit wall, only.
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 1
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 3
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 0
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 4