Jul 12, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
A few news and notes from around the paddock in Toronto:
- Race Director Beaux Barfield (pictured) will not be in Toronto this weekend for personal reasons. INDYCAR Senior Vice President of Operations Brian Barnhart will serve as race director for the doubleheader IZOD IndyCar Series races July 13-14 at the Honda Indy Toronto. Barfield will resume his duties in Race Control at the next IZOD IndyCar Series event, the Honda Indy 200 on Aug. 2-4 at Mid-Ohio.
- Additionally in the senior management domain, INDYCAR exec vp of corporate business development, Greg Gruning, has left his post and shifted to a technology company. A paywall story from Sports Business Daily is linked here with more, if you have access.
- Per a RACER.com story by Marshall Pruett, Dragon Racing has released all but two of the crewmembers on Sebastian Saavedra’s No. 6 TRUECar Dragon Racing Chevrolet team.
- James Jakes of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing will serve a 10-spot grid penalty for Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader for an unapproved engine change after the last race at Pocono Raceway.
- Besides Tristan Vautier, rookie of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Marco Andretti will be in a different livery this weekend. He’ll reprise the Dr Pepper colors he has raced here the last two years. Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan is back in the Hydroxycut livery for KV Racing Technology – SH after racing in three of the last four events with Sunoco / “Turbo” colors on his No. 11 Chevrolet.
Qualifying groups for Friday’s qualifying (5:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network) are listed below.
Group 1 Group 2 #67 Josef Newgarden #1 Ryan Hunter-Reay #55 Tristan Vautier (R) #4 Ryan Briscoe #12 Will Power #25 Marco Andretti #16 James Jakes #11 Tony Kanaan #7 Sebastien Bourdais #10 Dario Franchitti #9 Scott Dixon #27 James Hinchcliffe #98 Alex Tagliani #19 Justin Wilson #3 Helio Castroneves #83 Charlie Kimball #5 E.J. Viso #15 Graham Rahal #14 Takuma Sato #6 Sebastian Saavedra #77 Simon Pagenaud #78 Simona de Silvestro #20 Ed Carpenter #18 Mike Conway
Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Romain Grosjean can opt out of Lotus at year’s end if he so desires.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Johnny Sauter was fastest in both NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practices Thursday afternoon at Texas Motor Speedway.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
On Thursday’s NASCAR America, Rusty Wallace gave his top five drivers to watch in Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Texas. Rusty’s pick for the winner? Jeff Gordon.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Spaniard says that his future is not his first priority, and that all of the events of the past few months have gone as planned.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
On Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, Rick Allen and Rusty Wallace discussed what are Carl Edwards’ and Jeff Gordon’s chances Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Sauber team boss has long warned about the problems blighting Formula 1.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
British driver speaks about his appearance on NBC’s TODAY Show and his trip to New York City.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Lewis Hamilton politely questions double points.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
As the end of the 2014 Formula 1 season draws near, the sport ventures to the United States for one of the most popular races of the year in Austin, Texas.
Watch NASCAR America LIVE at 5 pm ET: Texas 3-step, Harvick’s 500th, up-and-coming Quiroga, lots more
Oct 30, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Things are always bigger and better in Texas, and we live up to that with the big show we have planned for Thursday’s NASCAR America.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Date changes, date equity, and broadcast windows play key role in shaping 2015 IndyCar schedule.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
F1 is booming in the United States, but could the arrival of an American team and an American driver send its popularity off the charts?
Oct 30, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Ahead of the premiere of Road to Mercedes on NBCSN at 10p ET, here is one final teaser for the show that will see NBCSN’s Will Buxton and Jason Swales travel to Germany to visit the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Frenchman thinks he would be the best choice for Toro Rosso in 2015 alongside Max Verstappen.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Sergio Perez closing on in contract extension with Force India.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The F1 community loves coming to Austin and COTA, but why?
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
This weekend’s race at Texas will mark the official debut of Tony Gibson and Daniel Knost as crew chiefs for Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick, respectively. How will they and their drivers fare together?
Oct 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Felipe Massa, Sergio Perez and Esteban Gutierrez appear at the event in Austin ahead of this weekend’s United States Grand Prix.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Get your calendars out and start marking up which series run where, when.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2