Jul 12, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
A few news and notes from around the paddock in Toronto:
- Race Director Beaux Barfield (pictured) will not be in Toronto this weekend for personal reasons. INDYCAR Senior Vice President of Operations Brian Barnhart will serve as race director for the doubleheader IZOD IndyCar Series races July 13-14 at the Honda Indy Toronto. Barfield will resume his duties in Race Control at the next IZOD IndyCar Series event, the Honda Indy 200 on Aug. 2-4 at Mid-Ohio.
- Additionally in the senior management domain, INDYCAR exec vp of corporate business development, Greg Gruning, has left his post and shifted to a technology company. A paywall story from Sports Business Daily is linked here with more, if you have access.
- Per a RACER.com story by Marshall Pruett, Dragon Racing has released all but two of the crewmembers on Sebastian Saavedra’s No. 6 TRUECar Dragon Racing Chevrolet team.
- James Jakes of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing will serve a 10-spot grid penalty for Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader for an unapproved engine change after the last race at Pocono Raceway.
- Besides Tristan Vautier, rookie of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Marco Andretti will be in a different livery this weekend. He’ll reprise the Dr Pepper colors he has raced here the last two years. Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan is back in the Hydroxycut livery for KV Racing Technology – SH after racing in three of the last four events with Sunoco / “Turbo” colors on his No. 11 Chevrolet.
Qualifying groups for Friday’s qualifying (5:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network) are listed below.
Group 1 Group 2 #67 Josef Newgarden #1 Ryan Hunter-Reay #55 Tristan Vautier (R) #4 Ryan Briscoe #12 Will Power #25 Marco Andretti #16 James Jakes #11 Tony Kanaan #7 Sebastien Bourdais #10 Dario Franchitti #9 Scott Dixon #27 James Hinchcliffe #98 Alex Tagliani #19 Justin Wilson #3 Helio Castroneves #83 Charlie Kimball #5 E.J. Viso #15 Graham Rahal #14 Takuma Sato #6 Sebastian Saavedra #77 Simon Pagenaud #78 Simona de Silvestro #20 Ed Carpenter #18 Mike Conway
Apr 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
If the Indianapolis Motor Speedway isn’t *the* coolest place to hold an Easter egg hunt, we figure it’s at least one of them.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
The future of Swan Racing in Sprint Cup racing is not looking good.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Toyota takes the pole for Sunday’s FIA WEC opener in Silverstone.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
Couple new sponsors for GTD team within TUDOR Championship.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
All smiles for Daniel after qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Massa and Bottas both make the top 10 despite wet conditions playing against them.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
Jim Clark’s record that has stood since 1968 has now been broken by Hamilton in China.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Could Fernando Alonso or Sebastian Vettel take advantage of the wet track to snatch pole position?
Apr 19, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
Report reveals that Red Bull failed to supply accurate data, and what was supplied actually undermined the team’s argument.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Red Bull driver fastest in a quiet final session ahead of qualifying later today.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Significant modifications to the Cup cars’ powerplants are likely to come within the next two seasons.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The two Andretti Autosport drivers appear to have put Sunday’s wreck behind them.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
You can’t say these drivers don’t have a sense of humor.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The second round of the championship in Putrajaya, Malaysia will see drivers contest a short, 1.6-mile street circuit.
Apr 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Two races into his return to open-wheel, the former Indy 500 winner says he’s having a tough time with re-learning tracks.
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)