Jul 12, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
A few news and notes from around the paddock in Toronto:
- Race Director Beaux Barfield (pictured) will not be in Toronto this weekend for personal reasons. INDYCAR Senior Vice President of Operations Brian Barnhart will serve as race director for the doubleheader IZOD IndyCar Series races July 13-14 at the Honda Indy Toronto. Barfield will resume his duties in Race Control at the next IZOD IndyCar Series event, the Honda Indy 200 on Aug. 2-4 at Mid-Ohio.
- Additionally in the senior management domain, INDYCAR exec vp of corporate business development, Greg Gruning, has left his post and shifted to a technology company. A paywall story from Sports Business Daily is linked here with more, if you have access.
- Per a RACER.com story by Marshall Pruett, Dragon Racing has released all but two of the crewmembers on Sebastian Saavedra’s No. 6 TRUECar Dragon Racing Chevrolet team.
- James Jakes of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing will serve a 10-spot grid penalty for Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader for an unapproved engine change after the last race at Pocono Raceway.
- Besides Tristan Vautier, rookie of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Marco Andretti will be in a different livery this weekend. He’ll reprise the Dr Pepper colors he has raced here the last two years. Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan is back in the Hydroxycut livery for KV Racing Technology – SH after racing in three of the last four events with Sunoco / “Turbo” colors on his No. 11 Chevrolet.
Qualifying groups for Friday’s qualifying (5:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network) are listed below.
Group 1 Group 2 #67 Josef Newgarden #1 Ryan Hunter-Reay #55 Tristan Vautier (R) #4 Ryan Briscoe #12 Will Power #25 Marco Andretti #16 James Jakes #11 Tony Kanaan #7 Sebastien Bourdais #10 Dario Franchitti #9 Scott Dixon #27 James Hinchcliffe #98 Alex Tagliani #19 Justin Wilson #3 Helio Castroneves #83 Charlie Kimball #5 E.J. Viso #15 Graham Rahal #14 Takuma Sato #6 Sebastian Saavedra #77 Simon Pagenaud #78 Simona de Silvestro #20 Ed Carpenter #18 Mike Conway
Sep 18, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
Mark Martin has received numerous honors in his racing career, but this one could be one of the most unique that will ever be bestowed upon him. Martin will return to his native Arkansas next March to serve as grand marshal for the “2015 World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade.”
Sep 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
IndyCar confirms return to Brazil as first 2015 international race.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Jeff Gordon will set a significant milestone in this Sunday’s second race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
8Star Motorsports’ intentions of joining the Indy Lights grid for 2015 are close to becoming a reality.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
FIA could be forced to backtrack on plans for this weekend, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
F1 is renowned for being exuberant and exotic. No event screams it more than the Singapore Grand Prix.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Everything is in place for the first Russian Grand Prix in 100 years to take place on October 12th.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Twelve finalists named in USF2000 seat shootout.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Massa believes that Williams should be aiming to beat Red Bull despite trailing by almost 100 points in the constructors’ championship.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
The Volkswagen Beetle makes its debut at the LA doubleheader round this weekend.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
F1 ventures to Asia for its second annual glamor event in Singapore.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The 2003 Sprint Cup champion talks with NASCAR AMERICA’s Marty Snider about how he’s now looking forward to racing at New Hampshire more than ever before.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Joe Gibbs tells the press that the details have already been decided, and that an announcement could come within the next few weeks.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Denny Hamlin and Kurt Busch are currently in position to make the Contender Round, but need big results this weekend at New Hampshire. NASCAR AMERICA’s Frank Stoddard explains why.
Sep 17, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Waltrip and partner Emma Slater are moving on to Week 2 despite a shaky opening performance.
Sep 17, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Also on tap: Chicagoland edition of “Scan All 43″; learning the best lines around New Hampshire.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The No. 20 Truck failed to meet post-race body height requirements following Saturday night’s Truck Series event at Chicagoland Speedway.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Needing two more good races to make the Contender Round, knowing when and when not to take a chance on the track will be important for the 4 camp.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Singapore GP and two Red Bull GRC races to watch this weekend, among other items, on NBC TV times.
Sep 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
RPM also announces that it will stay with Ford, and also continue chassis/engine supply deals with Roush Fenway Racing and Roush Yates Engines respectively.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 0
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4