Jul 13, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Our NBC Sports production crew had a lot to pick from in terms of video content to cut from today’s Honda Indy Toronto race one, the 12th of 19 races in the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
Luckily, we’ve assembled all in-race video highlights here, linked below. Post-race videos including interviews and the aftermath will follow in a separate post.
To begin, the race was intended to have a standing start, instead of a rolling one.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Unfortunately, the much-hyped start didn’t get to happen because Josef Newgarden, of Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, stalled on the grid with apparent clutch issues.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
These were the first actual racing laps after what became a rolling start. Newgarden had further issues before the green flag racing could finally commence.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Later in the race, a full course caution flew for contact between Graham Rahal of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, and rookie Tristan Vautier of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, as the pair exited Turn 3 and headed to Turn 4.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The run of pit stops cycled through and with slightly more than 20 laps to go, Toronto and carnage reared their ugly head again with a four-car incident that included Justin Wilson, Ryan Briscoe, Charlie Kimball and later, Sebastian Saavedra.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A one-lap dash for cash occurred after Alex Tagliani‘s spin in Turn 1, when the Barracuda Racing driver was contacted. Scott Dixon stormed away off the restart and secured the win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0