Jul 14, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Times improved for the IZOD IndyCar Series in the Sunday morning warmup for the second race of the Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader (3 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network). Eleven drivers clocked in with a time less than one minute around the 1.755-mile Exhibition Place street circuit.
Points leader Helio Castroneves of Team Penske led race one winner and race two polesitter Scott Dixon, with a 59.4705 ahead of a 59.4154. Dixon’s Target Chip Ganassi Racing teammate Dario Franchitti was third fastest.
Will Power (Penske) and James Hinchcliffe (Andretti Autosport) led an all power team-top five.
Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson, Takuma Sato, E.J. Viso and Ryan Hunter-Reay rounded out the top 10.
In his first session for Panther Racing, Ryan Briscoe’s injury replacement Carlos Munoz ran 22 laps and posted a best time of 1:00.9032, ahead of Ed Carpenter at the rear of the field.
The unofficial grid is linked here. Briscoe was scheduled to start eighth in the No. 4 National Guard Panther Racing Chevrolet, before the driver change.
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 1
- IndyCar confirms Boston race for 2016 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4
- Tony Kanaan says older part, reinforced suspension contributed to Hinchcliffe’s crash and injury 7