Jul 14, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Scott Dixon may have swept both races of the Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader, but it’s safe to say that Sebastien Bourdais also had a heck of a weekend in Canada.
The four-time Champ Car World Series champion followed up his runner-up result on Saturday with a third-place finish in today’s Race 2 behind Dixon and Helio Castroneves.
His second podium in two days is even more impressive considering that the “push-to-pass” overtake system on his No. 7 Dragon Racing Chevrolet was unavailable to him during the race.
“It was really hard and it was from seventh place, so we had to be on the move,” Bourdais told NBC Sports Network. “All these [late] restarts, I thought they were going to be against us because I was just a sitting duck on the back straight.
“It just so happened that things turned out our way. We made the moves and made them stick, and I had a really good car on the [final] restart. It was hooked up.”
As a result, Bourdais has his first consecutive podium finishes since winning at Australia and Mexico City to finish the 2007 Champ Car World Series season.
Now, to an equally pressing matter: Did he have more issues with trophies on the podium today?
As you may recall from Saturday, Bourdais received his second-place prize only to have the crystal cup then fall off the base, bounce twice, and then break on the third hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Today, though, it appeared that Bourdais had no problems handling his second piece of hardware from Toronto.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2