Jul 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Codemasters have revealed the first details of F1 2013, the latest edition of the official Formula One game.
A major addition to this year’s game in the inclusion of classic cars and tracks from previous seasons – something fans of the series have been clamoring for. A selection of cars from the eighties and nineties will appear in the game along with a few classic racing circuits.
The eighties cars and tracks pack includes such highlights as the turbocharged Lotus-Honda 100T and the Williams-Cosworth FW07 which can be let loose on the classic Brands Hatch circuit, which held the British Grand Prix until 1986, and the original version of Jerez before it was slowed by a chicane.
The nineties pack adds two more great Williams cars – the dominant 1992 FW14B raced by Nigel Mansell and the FW18 which took Damon Hill to the world championship six years later. More new tracks also feature.
A selection of classic Ferrari cars will also feature. Exact details haven’t been confirmed yet – watch the teaser trailer above for a few clues.
Several former driver identities will also appear in the game including Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jacques Villeneuve and Alain Prost.
Players can race any car on any track they choose, including the full roster of 2013 circuits. Naturally all the teams and drivers of the current season will be included as well. However you won’t be able to race cars from different eras against each other.
F1 2013 will be released for Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360 and PC in the fall.
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3