Jul 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Codemasters have revealed the first details of F1 2013, the latest edition of the official Formula One game.
A major addition to this year’s game in the inclusion of classic cars and tracks from previous seasons – something fans of the series have been clamoring for. A selection of cars from the eighties and nineties will appear in the game along with a few classic racing circuits.
The eighties cars and tracks pack includes such highlights as the turbocharged Lotus-Honda 100T and the Williams-Cosworth FW07 which can be let loose on the classic Brands Hatch circuit, which held the British Grand Prix until 1986, and the original version of Jerez before it was slowed by a chicane.
The nineties pack adds two more great Williams cars – the dominant 1992 FW14B raced by Nigel Mansell and the FW18 which took Damon Hill to the world championship six years later. More new tracks also feature.
A selection of classic Ferrari cars will also feature. Exact details haven’t been confirmed yet – watch the teaser trailer above for a few clues.
Several former driver identities will also appear in the game including Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jacques Villeneuve and Alain Prost.
Players can race any car on any track they choose, including the full roster of 2013 circuits. Naturally all the teams and drivers of the current season will be included as well. However you won’t be able to race cars from different eras against each other.
F1 2013 will be released for Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360 and PC in the fall.
Video from NASCAR America
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 10