Jul 15, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Williams have confirmed they will take advantage of the opportunity to run one of their race drivers in the Young Drivers Test at Silverstone this week.
Pastor Maldonado will run during the test to assess the revised tires for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
“Given the recent test regulation changes, we will also now run Pastor to enable Pirelli to gain further data to continue their development program,” said technical director Mike Coughlan.
The team will give testing opportunities to DTM racer Daniel Juncadella and development driver Susie Wolff, who was the first person to drive the FW35 in a shakedown test at Idiada earlier this year.
“It is great that we are able to give Susie the opportunity to have a full day behind the wheel of the FW35 following all the hard work and dedication she has put in both supporting us at the track and in the simulator,” Coughlan added.
“Daniel is a young talent who has had a great deal of success over the past few seasons and we’re excited to give him the chance to see what he can do behind the wheel of a Formula One car.”
Juncadella drives for Mercedes’ team in the top German touring car championship and Williams will use their engines in F1 from next year.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 14
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0