Jul 15, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Williams have confirmed they will take advantage of the opportunity to run one of their race drivers in the Young Drivers Test at Silverstone this week.
Pastor Maldonado will run during the test to assess the revised tires for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
“Given the recent test regulation changes, we will also now run Pastor to enable Pirelli to gain further data to continue their development program,” said technical director Mike Coughlan.
The team will give testing opportunities to DTM racer Daniel Juncadella and development driver Susie Wolff, who was the first person to drive the FW35 in a shakedown test at Idiada earlier this year.
“It is great that we are able to give Susie the opportunity to have a full day behind the wheel of the FW35 following all the hard work and dedication she has put in both supporting us at the track and in the simulator,” Coughlan added.
“Daniel is a young talent who has had a great deal of success over the past few seasons and we’re excited to give him the chance to see what he can do behind the wheel of a Formula One car.”
Juncadella drives for Mercedes’ team in the top German touring car championship and Williams will use their engines in F1 from next year.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0