Jul 16, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Morgan Shepherd hopes he hasn’t written the last chapter to his NASCAR Sprint Cup resurrection story.
The 71-year-old did in fact start last weekend’s Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and ran 92 laps. That made him the oldest Cup starter in series history.
According to the Associated Press, he’s working on possible sponsorship for the race at Pocono Raceway in August, and will then work towards a qualifying attempt in next year’s Daytona 500.
Shepherd last made the field for the Daytona 500 in 1997, and his most recent attempt to qualify there was in 2006.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1