Jul 17, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Sebastien Bourdais is the third IZOD IndyCar Series driver to have a ride with the GRAND-AM Rolex Series confirmed on Wednesday.
Like Justin Wilson, Bourdais will be able to double-dip between the rest of the Rolex and IndyCar seasons. Bourdais will co-drive the No. 4 8Star Motorsports Corvette Daytona Prototype with Emilio Di Guida. The Venzueulan Di Guida made his DP debut at Watkins Glen at the end of June.
The third of this IndyCar trio, Tony Kanaan has also been confirmed for Ganassi’s second DP for the Brickyard Grand Prix next week.
Bourdais has raced for Starworks Motorsport twice this year, at Daytona and Watkins Glen. There’s a bit of a rivalry between these two teams because Enzo Potolicchio, owner/co-driver of 8Star, branched out to form his own team this year after driving for Starworks in 2012.
“There’s a lot of very good and talented people at 8Star and I’m happy to be involved,” Bourdais said in a release. “The No. 3 car has been pretty racy the last couple of races and the No. 4 is pretty much the same car so I’m pretty excited about the prospects to drive for a new team that’s sorting itself out pretty quickly. Emilio is a good gentleman driver and, given the format of the series, it’s always an opening for a good result for an amateur and a pro.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0