Jul 17, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Sebastien Bourdais is the third IZOD IndyCar Series driver to have a ride with the GRAND-AM Rolex Series confirmed on Wednesday.
Like Justin Wilson, Bourdais will be able to double-dip between the rest of the Rolex and IndyCar seasons. Bourdais will co-drive the No. 4 8Star Motorsports Corvette Daytona Prototype with Emilio Di Guida. The Venzueulan Di Guida made his DP debut at Watkins Glen at the end of June.
The third of this IndyCar trio, Tony Kanaan has also been confirmed for Ganassi’s second DP for the Brickyard Grand Prix next week.
Bourdais has raced for Starworks Motorsport twice this year, at Daytona and Watkins Glen. There’s a bit of a rivalry between these two teams because Enzo Potolicchio, owner/co-driver of 8Star, branched out to form his own team this year after driving for Starworks in 2012.
“There’s a lot of very good and talented people at 8Star and I’m happy to be involved,” Bourdais said in a release. “The No. 3 car has been pretty racy the last couple of races and the No. 4 is pretty much the same car so I’m pretty excited about the prospects to drive for a new team that’s sorting itself out pretty quickly. Emilio is a good gentleman driver and, given the format of the series, it’s always an opening for a good result for an amateur and a pro.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes 7
- Team co-owned by Leonardo DiCaprio is 10th and last for FE 1
- Franchitti’s ride appears down to Briscoe or Tagliani vs. the field 2
- Jay Mohr’s skewering monologue stars at NASCAR banquet (VIDEO) 1
- Todt re-elected as FIA President, plans “ambitious” second term 1
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)