Jul 17, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
McLaren’s young driver Kevin Magnussen was quickest on the first day of this week’s test at Silverstone.
Magnussen, who is currently second in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship, posted a best time of 1’33.602 with 15 minutes of running remaining.
But American driver Alexander Rossi was unable to do a quick timed lap at the end of the session as the hydraulics had failed on his Caterham.
“We were still able to complete most of the day’s plan,” said Rossi.
“After the installation lap we were straight into the program, running through a number of test items in both the morning and afternoon sessions that will help the team in the coming races.”
Rossi will hand his car over to Will Stevens for tomorrow’s test.
Daniel Ricciardo was originally scheduled to drive for Red Bull today, but his run has been postponed to tomorrow after the team decided to reorganize its running plan.
Day one times
|Paul di Resta||Force India||1’33.774||+0.172|
|Antonio Felix da Costa||Red Bull||1’33.821||+0.219|
|James Calado||Force India||1’33.986||+0.384|
|Johnny Cecotto Jnr||Toro Rosso||1’34.193||+0.591|
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 5
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 16
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 6
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3