Jul 17, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
McLaren’s young driver Kevin Magnussen was quickest on the first day of this week’s test at Silverstone.
Magnussen, who is currently second in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship, posted a best time of 1’33.602 with 15 minutes of running remaining.
But American driver Alexander Rossi was unable to do a quick timed lap at the end of the session as the hydraulics had failed on his Caterham.
“We were still able to complete most of the day’s plan,” said Rossi.
“After the installation lap we were straight into the program, running through a number of test items in both the morning and afternoon sessions that will help the team in the coming races.”
Rossi will hand his car over to Will Stevens for tomorrow’s test.
Daniel Ricciardo was originally scheduled to drive for Red Bull today, but his run has been postponed to tomorrow after the team decided to reorganize its running plan.
Day one times
|Paul di Resta||Force India||1’33.774||+0.172|
|Antonio Felix da Costa||Red Bull||1’33.821||+0.219|
|James Calado||Force India||1’33.986||+0.384|
|Johnny Cecotto Jnr||Toro Rosso||1’34.193||+0.591|
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 66
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 3
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 7
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1