Jul 17, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
McLaren’s young driver Kevin Magnussen was quickest on the first day of this week’s test at Silverstone.
Magnussen, who is currently second in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship, posted a best time of 1’33.602 with 15 minutes of running remaining.
But American driver Alexander Rossi was unable to do a quick timed lap at the end of the session as the hydraulics had failed on his Caterham.
“We were still able to complete most of the day’s plan,” said Rossi.
“After the installation lap we were straight into the program, running through a number of test items in both the morning and afternoon sessions that will help the team in the coming races.”
Rossi will hand his car over to Will Stevens for tomorrow’s test.
Daniel Ricciardo was originally scheduled to drive for Red Bull today, but his run has been postponed to tomorrow after the team decided to reorganize its running plan.
Day one times
|Paul di Resta||Force India||1’33.774||+0.172|
|Antonio Felix da Costa||Red Bull||1’33.821||+0.219|
|James Calado||Force India||1’33.986||+0.384|
|Johnny Cecotto Jnr||Toro Rosso||1’34.193||+0.591|
- Germany’s famed Nurburgring saved from insolvency, possible extinction (8)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Ecclestone: “I hope every race is going to be like a wet race” (6)
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed (5)
- Report: Verizon close to deal to become IndyCar title sponsor (4)