Jul 17, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
Justin Wilson will pull double duty for the remainder of the 2013 racing season. The lanky, talented Englishman will dovetail his usual commitments with Dale Coyne Racing in the IZOD IndyCar Series along with running the last four GRAND-AM Rolex Series events.
Wilson will partner Gustavo Yacaman in the No. 6 Tuvacol/AERO Riley Ford Daytona Prototype for Michael Shank Racing. A veteran of MSR, Wilson last raced with the team at Watkins Glen at the end of June, and will race with Yacaman at Road America, Kansas, Monterey, and Lime Rock.
As there are no schedule clashes between IndyCar and GRAND-AM the rest of 2013, the arrangement was possible for Wilson to serve as both co-driver and mentor to Yacaman. Yacaman will co-drive with AJ Allmendinger at next week’s Brickyard Grand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
“It was great to team with Gus (Yacaman) at Watkins Glen and to get back into a Daytona Prototype,” Wilson said in a release. “It has been a long time since I had the chance to race at Road America and Laguna Seca, so I’m really excited about those weekends. I’ve never been to Kansas or Lime Rock, so those will both be new challenges for me and Gus to take on. The Shank guys really do their homework, so hopefully we can be competitive right from the get-go every time out.”
Remaining races for IndyCar, GRAND-AM IndyCar GRAND-AM Aug. 4 Mid-Ohio July 26 Indianapolis Aug. 25 Sonoma Aug. 10 Elkhart Lake Sept. 1 Baltimore Aug. 17 Kansas Oct. 5-6 Houston Sept. 8 Monterey Oct. 19 Fontana Sept. 28 Lime Rock
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 0
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2