Jul 17, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
Justin Wilson will pull double duty for the remainder of the 2013 racing season. The lanky, talented Englishman will dovetail his usual commitments with Dale Coyne Racing in the IZOD IndyCar Series along with running the last four GRAND-AM Rolex Series events.
Wilson will partner Gustavo Yacaman in the No. 6 Tuvacol/AERO Riley Ford Daytona Prototype for Michael Shank Racing. A veteran of MSR, Wilson last raced with the team at Watkins Glen at the end of June, and will race with Yacaman at Road America, Kansas, Monterey, and Lime Rock.
As there are no schedule clashes between IndyCar and GRAND-AM the rest of 2013, the arrangement was possible for Wilson to serve as both co-driver and mentor to Yacaman. Yacaman will co-drive with AJ Allmendinger at next week’s Brickyard Grand Prix at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
“It was great to team with Gus (Yacaman) at Watkins Glen and to get back into a Daytona Prototype,” Wilson said in a release. “It has been a long time since I had the chance to race at Road America and Laguna Seca, so I’m really excited about those weekends. I’ve never been to Kansas or Lime Rock, so those will both be new challenges for me and Gus to take on. The Shank guys really do their homework, so hopefully we can be competitive right from the get-go every time out.”
Remaining races for IndyCar, GRAND-AM IndyCar GRAND-AM Aug. 4 Mid-Ohio July 26 Indianapolis Aug. 25 Sonoma Aug. 10 Elkhart Lake Sept. 1 Baltimore Aug. 17 Kansas Oct. 5-6 Houston Sept. 8 Monterey Oct. 19 Fontana Sept. 28 Lime Rock
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3