Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo had a chance to test both his current chassis, along with the chassis of the team he hopes to drive for in 2014, a Red Bull, during the Thursday morning session of Silverstone’s young driver test.
The Australian currently leads the timesheets with a best lap set in his Toro Rosso, a 1:32.972 at the Silverstone Circuit.
Ricciardo is one of two race drivers getting a test day in today, as Pastor Maldonado of Williams is also participating. The regulations have been relaxed for this test to allow for a substantial amount of tire testing, as Pirelli’s new construction of tires are set to be introduced in full at Hungary next weekend.
Ricciardo handed the Toro Rosso over to Carlos Sainz Jr., while he took over the Red Bull from Antonio Felix da Costa. Da Costa clocked in second in the morning with a best lap of 1:33.958.
Others posting times this morning included James Calado (Force India), Oliver Turvey (McLaren), Davide Valsecchi (Lotus), Robin Frijns (Sauber), Davide Rigon (Ferrari), Will Stevens (Caterham) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (Marussia).
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 7
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10