Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo had a chance to test both his current chassis, along with the chassis of the team he hopes to drive for in 2014, a Red Bull, during the Thursday morning session of Silverstone’s young driver test.
The Australian currently leads the timesheets with a best lap set in his Toro Rosso, a 1:32.972 at the Silverstone Circuit.
Ricciardo is one of two race drivers getting a test day in today, as Pastor Maldonado of Williams is also participating. The regulations have been relaxed for this test to allow for a substantial amount of tire testing, as Pirelli’s new construction of tires are set to be introduced in full at Hungary next weekend.
Ricciardo handed the Toro Rosso over to Carlos Sainz Jr., while he took over the Red Bull from Antonio Felix da Costa. Da Costa clocked in second in the morning with a best lap of 1:33.958.
Others posting times this morning included James Calado (Force India), Oliver Turvey (McLaren), Davide Valsecchi (Lotus), Robin Frijns (Sauber), Davide Rigon (Ferrari), Will Stevens (Caterham) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (Marussia).
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0