Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo had a chance to test both his current chassis, along with the chassis of the team he hopes to drive for in 2014, a Red Bull, during the Thursday morning session of Silverstone’s young driver test.
The Australian currently leads the timesheets with a best lap set in his Toro Rosso, a 1:32.972 at the Silverstone Circuit.
Ricciardo is one of two race drivers getting a test day in today, as Pastor Maldonado of Williams is also participating. The regulations have been relaxed for this test to allow for a substantial amount of tire testing, as Pirelli’s new construction of tires are set to be introduced in full at Hungary next weekend.
Ricciardo handed the Toro Rosso over to Carlos Sainz Jr., while he took over the Red Bull from Antonio Felix da Costa. Da Costa clocked in second in the morning with a best lap of 1:33.958.
Others posting times this morning included James Calado (Force India), Oliver Turvey (McLaren), Davide Valsecchi (Lotus), Robin Frijns (Sauber), Davide Rigon (Ferrari), Will Stevens (Caterham) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (Marussia).
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1