Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo had a chance to test both his current chassis, along with the chassis of the team he hopes to drive for in 2014, a Red Bull, during the Thursday morning session of Silverstone’s young driver test.
The Australian currently leads the timesheets with a best lap set in his Toro Rosso, a 1:32.972 at the Silverstone Circuit.
Ricciardo is one of two race drivers getting a test day in today, as Pastor Maldonado of Williams is also participating. The regulations have been relaxed for this test to allow for a substantial amount of tire testing, as Pirelli’s new construction of tires are set to be introduced in full at Hungary next weekend.
Ricciardo handed the Toro Rosso over to Carlos Sainz Jr., while he took over the Red Bull from Antonio Felix da Costa. Da Costa clocked in second in the morning with a best lap of 1:33.958.
Others posting times this morning included James Calado (Force India), Oliver Turvey (McLaren), Davide Valsecchi (Lotus), Robin Frijns (Sauber), Davide Rigon (Ferrari), Will Stevens (Caterham) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (Marussia).
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 0
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 52
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1