Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo had a chance to test both his current chassis, along with the chassis of the team he hopes to drive for in 2014, a Red Bull, during the Thursday morning session of Silverstone’s young driver test.
The Australian currently leads the timesheets with a best lap set in his Toro Rosso, a 1:32.972 at the Silverstone Circuit.
Ricciardo is one of two race drivers getting a test day in today, as Pastor Maldonado of Williams is also participating. The regulations have been relaxed for this test to allow for a substantial amount of tire testing, as Pirelli’s new construction of tires are set to be introduced in full at Hungary next weekend.
Ricciardo handed the Toro Rosso over to Carlos Sainz Jr., while he took over the Red Bull from Antonio Felix da Costa. Da Costa clocked in second in the morning with a best lap of 1:33.958.
Others posting times this morning included James Calado (Force India), Oliver Turvey (McLaren), Davide Valsecchi (Lotus), Robin Frijns (Sauber), Davide Rigon (Ferrari), Will Stevens (Caterham) and Rodolfo Gonzalez (Marussia).
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 1
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1