Jul 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Force India’s chief race engineer Jakob Andreasen has praised the entire team for their work over the past three days at Silverstone during the young driver test as Paul di Resta, Adrian Sutil and James Calado all put in sold performances for the British-based team.
“It has been an excellent three days of testing for us,” Andreasen said in a team report. “Everything went according to plan and was executed perfectly by the team. We’ve generated all the data we needed and given Pirelli a lot of information on their new tires.”
Andreasen also heaped praise upon the team’s designated young driver, James Calado, for doing so well during his first full test in a Formula One car.
“As for the drivers, I want to say a big well done to James Calado. He did a superb job for us and settled in very quickly with the team. We’ve been working with him for a few months during our aero tests, but he was on the top of his game this week and gave us some great feedback.”
The weather was also perfect for testing as the traditional British weather subsided to allow Silverstone to bask in bright sunshine and hot temperatures.
“As for the weather conditions, we could not have asked for more. In fact, it was actually a bit tougher because of the heat, but the consistent temperatures over the three days were ideal for testing.”
Force India currently lie 5th in the constructors championship ahead of next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)