Jul 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Force India’s chief race engineer Jakob Andreasen has praised the entire team for their work over the past three days at Silverstone during the young driver test as Paul di Resta, Adrian Sutil and James Calado all put in sold performances for the British-based team.
“It has been an excellent three days of testing for us,” Andreasen said in a team report. “Everything went according to plan and was executed perfectly by the team. We’ve generated all the data we needed and given Pirelli a lot of information on their new tires.”
Andreasen also heaped praise upon the team’s designated young driver, James Calado, for doing so well during his first full test in a Formula One car.
“As for the drivers, I want to say a big well done to James Calado. He did a superb job for us and settled in very quickly with the team. We’ve been working with him for a few months during our aero tests, but he was on the top of his game this week and gave us some great feedback.”
The weather was also perfect for testing as the traditional British weather subsided to allow Silverstone to bask in bright sunshine and hot temperatures.
“As for the weather conditions, we could not have asked for more. In fact, it was actually a bit tougher because of the heat, but the consistent temperatures over the three days were ideal for testing.”
Force India currently lie 5th in the constructors championship ahead of next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0