Jul 19, 2013, 10:49 PM EDT
The Akron (Ohio) Beacon-Journal is reporting that INDYCAR is to enter a multi-year marketing partnership with the famous All-American Soap Box Derby race.
As part of the agreement, all of the gravity-powered Derby cars will sport the INDYCAR logo, while the Derby will be promoted at INDYCAR events through a variety of formats such as the league’s website and 30-second at-track commercials.
The report also states that INDYCAR will invite Derby champions to attend at least two of its races, and that an IZOD IndyCar Series machine will be on display at “Derby Downs” in Akron, Ohio leading up to the 76th running of the event on July 27.
Per the Beacon-Journal’s Jim Mackinnon, an INDYCAR spokesman has said that executives with the sanctioning body are expected to sign off and make the partnership official on their end no later than Monday.
“We’re both working together to help both organizations,” Derby president Joe Mazur told the Beacon-Journal. “This is another great direction the Derby is going in.”
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)