Jul 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
Right now, Dreamworks Animation’s “Turbo” is out trying to get youngsters charged up about IndyCar. And later on this fall, Formula One’s “golden age” will be on display in the highly anticipated “Rush.”
But drag racing fans won’t be left out in a pretty big year for car movies. A few weeks before “Rush” enters the box office, “Snake and Mongoose” will showcase the NHRA’s historic rivalry and partnership between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen.
The independent film, directed by Britain’s Wayne Holloway, is slated for a September 6 release in 25 cities across the country. Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy” plays Prudhomme, who won four NHRA Funny Car titles in his driving career and has since become a championship team owner. McEwen, who only won five NHRA national events but is hailed as one of the greatest marketing minds in the sport’s history, is portrayed by Richard Blake.
A full trailer for the movie was released earlier this week, and you can check it out above.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3