Jul 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
Right now, Dreamworks Animation’s “Turbo” is out trying to get youngsters charged up about IndyCar. And later on this fall, Formula One’s “golden age” will be on display in the highly anticipated “Rush.”
But drag racing fans won’t be left out in a pretty big year for car movies. A few weeks before “Rush” enters the box office, “Snake and Mongoose” will showcase the NHRA’s historic rivalry and partnership between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen.
The independent film, directed by Britain’s Wayne Holloway, is slated for a September 6 release in 25 cities across the country. Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy” plays Prudhomme, who won four NHRA Funny Car titles in his driving career and has since become a championship team owner. McEwen, who only won five NHRA national events but is hailed as one of the greatest marketing minds in the sport’s history, is portrayed by Richard Blake.
A full trailer for the movie was released earlier this week, and you can check it out above.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 3
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5