Jul 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
Right now, Dreamworks Animation’s “Turbo” is out trying to get youngsters charged up about IndyCar. And later on this fall, Formula One’s “golden age” will be on display in the highly anticipated “Rush.”
But drag racing fans won’t be left out in a pretty big year for car movies. A few weeks before “Rush” enters the box office, “Snake and Mongoose” will showcase the NHRA’s historic rivalry and partnership between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen.
The independent film, directed by Britain’s Wayne Holloway, is slated for a September 6 release in 25 cities across the country. Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy” plays Prudhomme, who won four NHRA Funny Car titles in his driving career and has since become a championship team owner. McEwen, who only won five NHRA national events but is hailed as one of the greatest marketing minds in the sport’s history, is portrayed by Richard Blake.
A full trailer for the movie was released earlier this week, and you can check it out above.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 0
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5