Jul 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
Right now, Dreamworks Animation’s “Turbo” is out trying to get youngsters charged up about IndyCar. And later on this fall, Formula One’s “golden age” will be on display in the highly anticipated “Rush.”
But drag racing fans won’t be left out in a pretty big year for car movies. A few weeks before “Rush” enters the box office, “Snake and Mongoose” will showcase the NHRA’s historic rivalry and partnership between Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen.
The independent film, directed by Britain’s Wayne Holloway, is slated for a September 6 release in 25 cities across the country. Jesse Williams of “Grey’s Anatomy” plays Prudhomme, who won four NHRA Funny Car titles in his driving career and has since become a championship team owner. McEwen, who only won five NHRA national events but is hailed as one of the greatest marketing minds in the sport’s history, is portrayed by Richard Blake.
A full trailer for the movie was released earlier this week, and you can check it out above.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)