Jul 20, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Nicolas Prost continued to follow in the footsteps of his father this week at Silverstone by testing for Lotus during the young driver test.
Alain Prost is a legend of the sport having won four world championships before retiring in 1993, and his battle with Ayrton Senna in the late 1980s is one of the most infamous in the history of F1. Nicolas may not be in line for a full-time seat yet, but he is still pleased to have completed the test for Lotus.
“It was a really good day for me,” Prost said in a team statement. “We focused on some more performance orientated work in the morning – which is always enjoyable to do – and especially beneficial after spending yesterday in the simulator in terms of correlation.
“During my first day in the car on Wednesday we weren’t looking for lap time, so it was good fun to be able to go for it a bit more today!”
Prost also feels that he is improving with every lap completed in a Formula One car, and although he will not be racing in Hungary, he is hopeful that his work has helped Lotus towards securing another good result.
“I feel that I’m improving each time I get in the car. Obviously, it’s very fast so it takes some time to get used to it, but I feel I’ve definitely made good progress.
“Overall, it’s been a fantastic week for me and hopefully the work we’ve done will help bring the team some good results next weekend in Hungary.”
Prost will continue to undertake simulator work for Lotus, as well as racing for Rebellion Racing in the World Endurance Championshp.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 0
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 0
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1