Jul 20, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Mark Webber is looking forward to Formula One’s return to Hungary next weekend as he hopes to repeat his win from 2010 at the Hungaroring, just outside of Budapest.
The Australian driver, who will retire at the end of the season, spoke about his affinity for the circuit in Red Bull’s grand prix preview.
“The favourite part of the circuit for me is after the top chicane, the left right, it’s the middle sector basically, which is really rewarding,” Webber said. “It’s quite nice to put a Formula One car on the limit through there because it’s quite challenging for the driver.”
Webber also recalled some of his fondest memories at the circuit, with this year’s race marking his final Hungarian GP as a Formula One driver.
“My first ever race there was 1998 with the Mercedes sportscar, where we won the race. The Hungaroring has been a good circuit for me over the years and I have picked up a lot of points there, including my F1 win in 2010.”
Currently lying 5th in the drivers’ championship, Webber will be hoping to claim his first win of the season ahead of the summer break.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)