Jul 21, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Eric Boullier has admitted that he is doing everything in his power to keep Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus amidst Red Bull’s rumored advances for the Finnish driver.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has openly shortlisted the 2007 world champion as a potential replacement for Mark Webber, but Boullier believes that Raikkonen is fully-aware of the pros and cons of making each decision.
“It’s clear that Lotus F1 Team is a desirable place to be and we know there’s been a lot of talk about Kimi’s future,” Boullier said on a team statement. “We all know that Kimi is an individual and he will make his decision in his own time.
“Naturally, we want him to continue in the sport and continue with Lotus F1 Team so we’re doing everything we can do to make that happen.”
Raikkonen joined Lotus as part of his comeback in 2012, finishing 3rd in the drivers’ championship with one win to his name. The Finnish driver, loved for his no-nonsense attitude, is competing with Daniel Ricciardo for the second seat at Red Bull following Mark Webber’s confirmation that he would be walking away from the sport at the end of the season.
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 0
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- The ingredients are set for Graham Rahal’s big, breakout year 0
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 2
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)