Jul 22, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
While we can joke about this situation now, a dirt track race in Watsonville, Calif. this weekend was no laughing matter.
A 64-year-old San Jose driver, Leslie Charles Hunter, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during a race at the Watsonville Ocean Speedway (File photo right, via Yahoo!).
Arresting officer Jacob Gonzales of the Santa Cruz County Highway Patrol told the Santa Cruz Sentinel that after Hunter had completed his race, his blood alcohol level was found to be greater than 0.08 percent.
The suspicions arose because Hunter was alleged of driving recklessly in the race, forcing drivers either off line or off the track completely.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 0
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5