Jul 22, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
While we can joke about this situation now, a dirt track race in Watsonville, Calif. this weekend was no laughing matter.
A 64-year-old San Jose driver, Leslie Charles Hunter, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during a race at the Watsonville Ocean Speedway (File photo right, via Yahoo!).
Arresting officer Jacob Gonzales of the Santa Cruz County Highway Patrol told the Santa Cruz Sentinel that after Hunter had completed his race, his blood alcohol level was found to be greater than 0.08 percent.
The suspicions arose because Hunter was alleged of driving recklessly in the race, forcing drivers either off line or off the track completely.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1