Jul 22, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
While we can joke about this situation now, a dirt track race in Watsonville, Calif. this weekend was no laughing matter.
A 64-year-old San Jose driver, Leslie Charles Hunter, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during a race at the Watsonville Ocean Speedway (File photo right, via Yahoo!).
Arresting officer Jacob Gonzales of the Santa Cruz County Highway Patrol told the Santa Cruz Sentinel that after Hunter had completed his race, his blood alcohol level was found to be greater than 0.08 percent.
The suspicions arose because Hunter was alleged of driving recklessly in the race, forcing drivers either off line or off the track completely.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (11)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)