Jul 22, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
While we can joke about this situation now, a dirt track race in Watsonville, Calif. this weekend was no laughing matter.
A 64-year-old San Jose driver, Leslie Charles Hunter, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during a race at the Watsonville Ocean Speedway (File photo right, via Yahoo!).
Arresting officer Jacob Gonzales of the Santa Cruz County Highway Patrol told the Santa Cruz Sentinel that after Hunter had completed his race, his blood alcohol level was found to be greater than 0.08 percent.
The suspicions arose because Hunter was alleged of driving recklessly in the race, forcing drivers either off line or off the track completely.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 18
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (19)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)