Jul 22, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
While we can joke about this situation now, a dirt track race in Watsonville, Calif. this weekend was no laughing matter.
A 64-year-old San Jose driver, Leslie Charles Hunter, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence during a race at the Watsonville Ocean Speedway (File photo right, via Yahoo!).
Arresting officer Jacob Gonzales of the Santa Cruz County Highway Patrol told the Santa Cruz Sentinel that after Hunter had completed his race, his blood alcohol level was found to be greater than 0.08 percent.
The suspicions arose because Hunter was alleged of driving recklessly in the race, forcing drivers either off line or off the track completely.
Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
Video from NASCAR America
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0