Jul 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Scott Dixon won everything but birthday cake during his Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader weekend sweep more than a week ago.
He’ll probably have some of that today. The IZOD IndyCar Series driver for Target Chip Ganassi Racing turns 33 on Monday. He’s been with Ganassi since he was age 21, signed as a third driver to Ganassi’s CART team midway through the 2002 season.
Additional birthday wishes go out to top sports car analyst and reporter Calvin Fish, and both of Muscle Milk Pickett Racing’s ALMS drivers Lucas Luhr (today) and Klaus Graf (Sunday). Luhr and Graf completed a weekend birthday sweep at Mosport for the third year in a row.
Meanwhile one of NASCAR’s most memorable names, Buckshot Jones, turns 43 on Tuesday. Jones, better known for driving the No. 00 Aquafresh Pontiac for a family team, recorded just one top-10 finish (eighth place at Dover in 1998) in 56 career Cup series starts.
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0