Jul 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Scott Dixon won everything but birthday cake during his Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader weekend sweep more than a week ago.
He’ll probably have some of that today. The IZOD IndyCar Series driver for Target Chip Ganassi Racing turns 33 on Monday. He’s been with Ganassi since he was age 21, signed as a third driver to Ganassi’s CART team midway through the 2002 season.
Additional birthday wishes go out to top sports car analyst and reporter Calvin Fish, and both of Muscle Milk Pickett Racing’s ALMS drivers Lucas Luhr (today) and Klaus Graf (Sunday). Luhr and Graf completed a weekend birthday sweep at Mosport for the third year in a row.
Meanwhile one of NASCAR’s most memorable names, Buckshot Jones, turns 43 on Tuesday. Jones, better known for driving the No. 00 Aquafresh Pontiac for a family team, recorded just one top-10 finish (eighth place at Dover in 1998) in 56 career Cup series starts.
Video from NASCAR America
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 0
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4