Jul 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Scott Dixon won everything but birthday cake during his Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader weekend sweep more than a week ago.
He’ll probably have some of that today. The IZOD IndyCar Series driver for Target Chip Ganassi Racing turns 33 on Monday. He’s been with Ganassi since he was age 21, signed as a third driver to Ganassi’s CART team midway through the 2002 season.
Additional birthday wishes go out to top sports car analyst and reporter Calvin Fish, and both of Muscle Milk Pickett Racing’s ALMS drivers Lucas Luhr (today) and Klaus Graf (Sunday). Luhr and Graf completed a weekend birthday sweep at Mosport for the third year in a row.
Meanwhile one of NASCAR’s most memorable names, Buckshot Jones, turns 43 on Tuesday. Jones, better known for driving the No. 00 Aquafresh Pontiac for a family team, recorded just one top-10 finish (eighth place at Dover in 1998) in 56 career Cup series starts.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0