Jul 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Scott Dixon won everything but birthday cake during his Honda Indy Toronto doubleheader weekend sweep more than a week ago.
He’ll probably have some of that today. The IZOD IndyCar Series driver for Target Chip Ganassi Racing turns 33 on Monday. He’s been with Ganassi since he was age 21, signed as a third driver to Ganassi’s CART team midway through the 2002 season.
Additional birthday wishes go out to top sports car analyst and reporter Calvin Fish, and both of Muscle Milk Pickett Racing’s ALMS drivers Lucas Luhr (today) and Klaus Graf (Sunday). Luhr and Graf completed a weekend birthday sweep at Mosport for the third year in a row.
Meanwhile one of NASCAR’s most memorable names, Buckshot Jones, turns 43 on Tuesday. Jones, better known for driving the No. 00 Aquafresh Pontiac for a family team, recorded just one top-10 finish (eighth place at Dover in 1998) in 56 career Cup series starts.
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 0
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)